Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 2/28/2019 7:16:05 AM
The Defenders
RBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The D-fenders
Guys, what do you deem to be the best draft strategy when it comes to securing best potential.

so value proposition no#1 one option would be to do it on the cheap and play the lotto. so best value is to invest in 10 points on scouting combine. prioritize 18 year olds and hope for the best.

so value proposition no#2 . invest 10 points to reveal the defense skill that interest me at the time (so either on the ball defense or cut inside) and avoid players that have skill level strong as they clearly are 19 year old, given that 18 year old players are limited to respectable.

3rd option. mix of the two for 20points

4th option: other.

I am asking in order to garner different perspectives but now i am aiming at investing 40 points in the draft and i dont know what to choose. i dont want the highest skill player, i just want 18y old mvp or 19old hof, irrespective of skill but not a disaster to train until he retires. i dont see myself playing that many more seasons and i would enjoy having a superstar player homegrown. i have done this once w a player who played both u21 and nt and i do feel this is one of the better ways to play the game, alternatively doing this w some elses draftee is less fun.

so, i would appreciate some perspective other than have low expectations when gambling lottery points.

This Post:
298640.3 in reply to 298640.2
Date: 2/28/2019 11:13:07 AM
The Defenders
RBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The D-fenders
I will have just 40 balls by the time draft rolls around.
So you suggest 10 for age 10for defense and then scout twice who i deem worthy?

To: Otis
This Post:
298640.4 in reply to 298640.3
Date: 3/1/2019 11:18:02 AM
Jerusalem TET
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jerusalem TET Utopia
I'd suggest you keep those 40 points unless you are about to pick first (not counting the bots if there are such in your league). In case you pick first, I'd try to reveal a 19 y.o. 5/5 draftee, no matter his specific skills. There are not bad chances you'll find such (if exists of course) within your 40 draft points. So I'd go for option #1