Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 3/2/2019 1:32:46 PM
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
Do the inside offensive tactics (Look Inside and Low Post) use only the C and PF to run the offence through? Or do they find the best inside offensive player to play through?

For example if I play my PF with 14 IS at SG (due to training purposes) will it still play through the players in the PF and C positions or will my SG get a good amount of shots as well?

This Post:
298659.3 in reply to 298659.2
Date: 3/4/2019 1:24:43 PM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
I've a completely different vision about it, in my last game but I would say in the last 10 years of BBs if you play inside the majorities of the shots will be in the hands of C and PF. In my last game the PF has taken more shots than all the other ones and the PF has the lowest value in IS, the strongest in PG has taken the lower amount of shots and there are 4 levels of difference between the weaker and the stronger

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et
This Post:
298659.5 in reply to 298659.3
Date: 3/8/2019 4:24:52 PM
Tamarillo Wings
IV.17
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slam Drunk Celtics
Well, it's also true that your offensive flow is not good enough to find proper mismatches. This doesn't mean you couldn't play interior tactics in a good way, simply that distribution is not exactly at his best. Ideally, if you're going to play outside tactics for example, I don't think we're gonna see the most canonic distribution of a motion

Just taking as example the last 2 games of the Italian U21
- vs Philippines: 51 shots for PF-C and 55 for PG-SG-SF (with 10 offensive Reb vs 5, and tap in are not the related to the tactic itself)
- vs Spain: 46 shots for PF-C, 42 for PG-SG-SF (with 12 offensive Reb for the big men, 1 for the guards)

or last season
- vs France: 30 shots for PF-C, 49 for PG-SG-SF (OR 11 vs 8)

I simply believe that a higher offensive flow will increase a better distribution and shot selection. If you have a guard extremely capable of attacking in the lineup, he will take a good amount of shots, eventually more than the ones of your big man. Of course, a team with a high offensive flow but extremely better offensive weapons at the big men position is supposed to see a particular focus on those guys.