BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Thoughts on building your team up!

Thoughts on building your team up!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/11/2019 12:08:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So I been playing this game for a few yrs and realizing the best and only way you make the players much better is to pound a bunch of 1vs1 forwards or guards to boost their HA and DR as well as their shooting for a few seasons, then train outside defense and PA or ID to make them better defense. Similar to what I done with this player.
https://i.imgur.com/1CN4Cmy.png
I am currently adding a few more offensive/defensive players around him and eventually build up a couple of Bigs. I am going to try to use the Motion and/or RNG type of offense as I promote into D3 using a line up that has JS no less than 15 and HA/DR 16 plus and outside defense no less than 14. Once I start training a Center (or I may just buy one from the TL) I would focus a ton of ID/SB/RB.
I havent seen too many RNG type of teams here as its always a LI type of offense strategies with emphasis on 2 Bigs with tons of IS/ID. Is this the way the engine/algorithm built? Too have strong inside players dominate the game or can a legit really strong outside offense win?

This Post:
299657.2 in reply to 299657.1
Date: 5/11/2019 8:59:53 PM
Green Knockers
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Unfortunately, inside tactics beats outside tactics almost everytime in higher leagues. OD is very overpowered in this game so with high OD it almost guarantees to kill your opponents outside scorer. It is different for inside tactics though as it not only requires ID, but also SB to stop the bigman. Even if your guards are better, it is recommended to use an inside tactic in higher leagues. I use outside tactics most of the time because in the modern basketball it is about shooting long range shots and that feels about right to use an outside offence. I believe engine should change or they should nerf OD. I cant be the only one that wants that.

This Post:
299657.4 in reply to 299657.3
Date: 5/15/2019 6:34:13 PM
Green Knockers
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah but dont you think they should change it a bit? It cant go on with the donination of big men. They should nerf some stuff.

This Post:
299657.6 in reply to 299657.4
Date: 5/18/2019 11:50:55 PM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
They won't be nerfing OD anytime soon I guess. Iirc when I started out in season 3 outside tactics were dominant, then they boosted OD or something and we've had LI ever since then. If they haven't changed it in so many years, I highly doubt they would at all.

This Post:
299657.7 in reply to 299657.6
Date: 5/20/2019 11:57:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree that there is an imbalance. I mostly just play LI, PtB, and Patient with maybe a weird Isolation offense or LP thrown in there occasionally.

With that being said. This is the way the game has been for many many many seasons. Why have more people not adapted and started training shot-blocking more. In the USA we have a couple managers in D.II and a manager in the NBBA (Top league for USA) who have taken the time to train a lot of Shot-blocking and make that adjustment and they all have been fairly successful I would say.

This is similar to the free throws not getting cross training from jump-shot argument from seasons ago. Everyone seemed to complain, but nobody did anything about such as training free throws even once a season to help their players. Now this isn't a problem anymore as BB made a slight adjustment, but I think it is fair to say that not enough people are adjusting to the game the way they need to.

People fall into the LI mold because it is easiest, but teams have been very successful doing other tactics and winning. Additionally, if you are facing a team that can do nothing else effectively, then you can easily use GDP to help. I feel like people are so scared of being wrong, they rarely use GDP.

Ultimately, you are right, I'm just saying managers are slightly to blame as well. MÅ‚oty Stargard has won the last two B3s and is probably the best manager in the world. This is his offensive tactic distribution the last two seasons in B3.

LI - 12
LP - 6
Motion - 4
Patient - 3
PtB - 1
RnG - 1 (was used in the B3 final to win in s44)

LI used 44% of the time
Other tactics used 56% of the time

Just something interesting I thought I'd bring up.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs
This Post:
299657.8 in reply to 299657.7
Date: 5/21/2019 8:58:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why have more people not adapted and started training shot-blocking more.
Because I built a 128 TSP 11OD/18ID/18SB player and he didn't stop high IS players in inside tactics. He also had almost 18 RB and still didn't dominate the rebounding. Sure high SB is nice to reduce the possessions of good inside players, but they will still score efficiently and if the team is designed correctly they will still take the majority of the shots. Also a block does not guarantee a possession, like a steal or a rebound.

On the other hand a 78k salary big man with 81TSP, 1DR/1HA and 17IS/16ID/14RB started just fine in the EBBL (this guy:(30952612))...that tells you everything you need to know.

B3 is like any other league: LI/LP get replaced usually when the strongest team wants to avoid GDP, but GDP is not a real solution you can build a team around. Fixing the tactics is the solution. Most teams who won with different tactics could have won the same games with LI/LP

Last edited by Lemonshine at 5/21/2019 11:00:26 AM

This Post:
299657.9 in reply to 299657.6
Date: 5/21/2019 9:00:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
More than nerfing OD they should nerf RB in inside tactics or boost it in all other tactics. That will already balance things.