BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > All Star and placement rewards

All Star and placement rewards

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/02/2019 13:10:33
Overall Posts Rated:
Im pretty sure someone already suggested this , but in my perspective i think it would be beneficial to the community if we got rewards for some archivemnts , like a player making the all star team , or making the playoffs , this rewards could be anything ranging in between small money contributions to the team or more merchandasing.

I think this can help because one main problem is that some teams just tank and it makes the game uninteresting , like this everyone would be motivated to win in my opinion.

Give me your thoughts on this :)

This Post:
301452.3 in reply to 301452.2
Date: 11/07/2019 17:28:43
Toruńskie Twarde Pierniki
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Twarda Akademia
Better idea is to mark players that won some classification like Best scorer, best rebounder etc. And add some notice about MVP achieved. Good idea would be add to players profile how many games they played at NT

Jedziemy wam wpierniczyć! ;)
This Post:
301452.4 in reply to 301452.3
Date: 11/08/2019 00:08:48
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I thought these all are in their player history?

This Post:
301452.5 in reply to 301452.4
Date: 11/08/2019 02:55:50
Toruńskie Twarde Pierniki
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Twarda Akademia
Yes... I mean... It should be displayed on the main page of player there are not a lot of people who looks at history of player page

Jedziemy wam wpierniczyć! ;)
This Post:
301452.6 in reply to 301452.1
Date: 11/16/2019 12:41:41
Detroit Mercy Mavericks
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
GoFarsr Revolutions
Having players make the all star game should positively impact your teams merchandising. It only makes sense. When fans see a player on their team in the all star game they're more likely to spend a little more on jerseys, bobble-heaads, and other fan gear. To not over complicate things, it could be kept at that level so their is a little more usefulness to the All Star Games each season. Its nice seeing your players make the team but its even better when you know there's more to it then just aesthetics.

ANOTHER idea is league shared revenue from the all star week. All teams get a small cut from the 3p contest and the ASG. Assume a sold out arena and divide out the money from ticket sells. Tactically speaking, this could give players something else to look forward to, or rather plan for as the season progresses. That small additionally cash could be the difference between getting that last minute role player for your playoff push or you might take it and stash it for the next seasons draftee scouting.

Give the All Star Game more importance to the season

This Post:
301452.8 in reply to 301452.6
Date: 11/19/2019 06:27:18
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
That would require better all star selections. The current all star selection is kinda random, and there are a lot of questionable players who make the team. Giving them an undeserved boost doesn't really seem fair really.

This Post:
301452.9 in reply to 301452.8
Date: 11/19/2019 08:16:31
Detroit Mercy Mavericks
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
GoFarsr Revolutions
Look at real life in the NBA. Some of the guys that make it dont arguably deserve to be there over some of the players that didnt make it. It happens every year.

The All-star selection being the way it is now is fine enough and realistic enough for what im suggesting. It could be refined more but for the developers sake, i dont see it as a high priority issue.

The bigger issue is the lack of overall value from the games. Theres just not much importance in it right now. Giving it more value could also add to the general competitiveness in each league and desire for the game as a whole. To keep anyone one team from dominating the all star selection too much there could be a limit of 3 players max from any one team. If theres a team thats super stacked and would resultingly have like 5 guys make the team, this would prevent that from happening. Even in real life, sometimes teams are just that good. Look at the 04/05 Detroit Pistons when literally 4 of their 5 starters all made the all star game the very next season at the same time and the following year 3 of the 5 made it again. Same thing with the Spurs when they had Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli. For this game set a limit to no more then 3 from any team in case any team is really just that good.

Last edited by Naeem at 11/20/2019 15:38:46

This Post:
301452.10 in reply to 301452.9
Date: 11/23/2019 02:04:49
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Look at real life in the NBA. Some of the guys that make it dont arguably deserve to be there over some of the players that didnt make it. It happens every year.

The All-star selection being the way it is now is fine enough and realistic enough for what im suggesting. It could be refined more but for the developers sake, i dont see it as a high priority issue.

Sorry I beg to differ. As much as some unqualified people might have made the all-star team due to fans from their country voting them in (eg. Zaza), in the last few seasons, almost all (if not literally all) the all star players are generally top players in the NBA.

As opposed to in BB, where you can have a 100k salary center not make the Allstar Game despite putting double double in every game, and have the starting center of the conference earning below 20k salary. If that's realistic to you, I guess we must be living in a different reality.

This Post:
301452.11 in reply to 301452.10
Date: 11/23/2019 10:48:31
Detroit Mercy Mavericks
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
GoFarsr Revolutions
You can differ all day and night if you want for the sake of argument but the all star game and break in general should be given more value in my opinion otherwise its a break in the season that's pointless all together.

Your talking about a 100k center opposed to a 20k center but for 1, i have NEVER seen something that drastic before. Stuff happens at times but i doubt that's the regular and if it is the regular for you, maybe that 20k center brings more value to his team if hes got a weak team around him opposed to that 100k center that probably has a few other guys on the same starting line up that are also high salary players.

I don't know if your following me there but again point is, the value of the all star games is non existent. What, its a barometer of who's going to make the playoffs or some mess like that? You can already tell who the top players are in your league based off the league stat leaders and teams with top records so where is the point in the all star game other than to stick with the typical of any basketball league..

Change the game mechanics on it or not, i cant say im that concerned on that but give it more value beyond being mildly interesting in any given season.