Suggestions > Player Press Conference/Interviews

Player Press Conference/Interviews

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/25/2019 5:33:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Suggestion:
Create daily interviews and press conferences that consist of a player on the roster answering 1 question for a chance to increase a skill level by a certain amount.

Reason:
Apart from game days and training updates, there's not much to do other than check the transfer list or talk yourself into making ill-advised roster moves. The chance at a small skill increase would give users a reason to log on daily and BB gets more consistent traffic.

Players Interviewed:
The player that is part of the interview would be selected randomly from the users current roster. A randomly generated multiple choice question is provided. Selecting the correct response grants the player additional training in a random skill, i.e. 0.5 in jump range. The "correct" answer is random so users won't know for certain even if they've seen the question before.

An alternative to random players selected could involve player potential. An MVP player has a better chance of being selected for the interview than an Allstar player does.

Roster Size:
To prevent users dropping their rosters down to a handful of players, a minimum roster size is required to receive the full bonus training. I was thinking somewhere in the 10-12 player range gets full training. Anything below that size drops the bonus significantly, much in the way training takes a hit when below 48 minutes.

Event Schedule:
A press conference would include 3 players on the roster answering a question and would only occur 1 day a week.
An interview would include 1 player on the roster answering a question and would occur during days without a press conference.

This Post:
301564.3 in reply to 301564.2
Date: 10/30/2019 10:21:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I actually don't get the point you're trying to make. Could you clarify?

This Post:
301564.5 in reply to 301564.4
Date: 10/30/2019 12:21:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The managers don't get to select the players they want. One player on the roster is picked at random.

This Post:
301564.7 in reply to 301564.5
Date: 10/31/2019 7:19:22 PM
Atelier
IV.13
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Bomboclaats
I don't think it's an awful suggestion after thinking about it for a few days but something did strike me as odd about this.

It doesn't feel like it fits in the flow and speed of the game, that's it. Probably not an awful suggestion but not something awfully fun, necessary, or really seems like it fits well. But that's just my opinion.

2x NBBA Champion: S55, S56. 3x USA Cup Champion: S54, S55, S56. WR for longest home streak ever at 11 in Season 47.
This Post:
301564.8 in reply to 301564.1
Date: 12/15/2019 11:53:59 AM
Detroit Mercy Mavericks
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
GoFarsr Revolutions
I like it. As its already been mentioned, the flow with the game is a little odd but no suggestion is ever really perfect anyway, that's why there suggestions and not the final deal. With some tweaking to help with that flow, this could work out really good. Another incentive that in my opinion would most importantly help in maintaining the active user base instead of new people dropping out rather quickly out of boredom. Iv talked people into trying this game but very rarely does anyone new stick with it for long because their usual complaint is that there's not enough to do over time. Its a little bit here and there with a crap ton of waiting in between. For some, that's ok, BUT for the majority that's a short lived experience before being drawn away by one of countless other games or activities to get into.

For this game to thrive in the future, its gotta continue implementing more things like this because patience with each new generation dwindles. If BB wants to gain and maintain more long term users, you do honestly have to cater more to the change in generations. Don't go changing this game entirely, just add in simple little things like this. Enough little things add up to a lot of good content that will better hold the attention of future long term players.