Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/14/2019 02:49:19
Detroit Mercy Mavericks
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
GoFarsr Revolutions
Iv noticed that some of the countries at least in the Asias on the bottom end of the standings are low in the standings because there struggling to field full teams. Iv never been a NT manager before but that seems problematic, trying to put together a team in a country with nearly no users. I don't know really how to solve this issue but maybe bot players to automatically fill out any remaining spots up to a max of 5 players so that all teams can actually compete even if it does come to a blow out rather than there being situations where games are 0-50 forfeits involving national teams. Like if your team only has 2 players for whatever reason by the start of group play, 3 bot players would be added for the sake of allowing the country matches to actually happen. Just thoughts on something i just noticed.

This Post:
302538.3 in reply to 302538.1
Date: 12/15/2019 04:04:00
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
They should just close down countries without active managers until those countries have at least one user.

Message deleted
This Post:
302538.6 in reply to 302538.3
Date: 12/20/2019 23:17:15
Overall Posts Rated:
They should just close down countries without active managers until those countries have at least one user.

In response to this, there is one issue. The issue is that once the new user becomes uninterested in the game then it would revert back to a "closed down country", making the game less smooth. For example, Saudi Arabia currently have no users which forces their U21 team to forfeit all their games. Now say they were a "closed down country" at the start of the season, but a user plays the game mid season. It would be a disadvantage to them as other nations have already played games and had the chance of winning them. It would also affect the strategic planning of managers at the start of the season as a new team would have to be considered due to this suggestion, whereby a "closed down country" suddenly joins the tournament because of a new user.

My suggestion to this is to have players in bot teams fill in the positions of a team so that they at least have the chance to compete.

A suggestion that I'd like to add since were talking about micronation teams is to have a micronation U21 world tournament (in place of our continental tournament). As the NZ U21 coach, I dont see us winning the Asian U21 tournament anytime soon because of the bigger nations such as China, Taiwan and Australia. Thus, a micronation U21 world tournament would allow these nations to compete against nations that are on their level, as well as give them the chance to win some trophies.

This Post:
302538.7 in reply to 302538.6
Date: 12/23/2019 04:39:26
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
It would be a disadvantage to them as other nations have already played games and had the chance of winning them. It would also affect the strategic planning of managers at the start of the season as a new team would have to be considered due to this suggestion, whereby a "closed down country" suddenly joins the tournament because of a new user.

Don't see where this problem can come in because they can stay closed down for the rest of the season? I mean closing down or opening up a country would be subject to if there are active users at the start of the season. There will be no need to suddenly add a U21 NT in Midseason.

However this should only apply to U21, as I assume that there can still be players for the senior NT as well (not sure how affected it is, but U21 should have the biggest impact due to age). Unless of course there are totally no active players in the senior NT as well.

But that said, it *might* be pretty a complex system to implement and might take quite a bit of work, so I guess it's a bad idea to close and reopen countries based on active users after all xD

Another possible way is to not have U21 elections for teams that have no active teams? Then the manager would be a computerized player. Kinda beats the purpose of an election if there are no voters.

This Post:
302538.8 in reply to 302538.1
Date: 12/26/2019 08:19:39
Overall Posts Rated:
They can just not let any country with less than 5 players in their U21 team to join any international tournaments (only scrims if they have at least 3 players). Even if there is one user active in a country. As long as a country cannot afford to have 5 players, they can't join.

Seems fair to me.

What y'all think?

This Post:
302538.9 in reply to 302538.8
Date: 12/26/2019 15:53:03
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
It was clear when the merger was proposed that this was going to be an issue. Several people pointed it out so it shouldn't be a surprise. The BBs ignored it and now we have the current situation, which will get worse because it will soon spread to the NT level.

The consolation tournaments will be particularly affected because they are already so dependent on the draw. The only practical solution now is either to remove countries that can't field teams at either level or as others have said, seemingly since Utopia was created, take players from there. Personally I expect the problem to just be ignored in the future as it has been so far.