Loophole that owners take advantage of

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 6/29/2021 6:45:55 AM
Pearl City
IV.32
Overall Posts Rated:
Why is there a loophole where players who are really 19 are still listed as 18 year olds at the same time that new draftees are listed on the transfer list? I have saved money for many seasons and gotten to where I could afford to buy a level 6 trainer, and a level 6 youth trainer. I also saved enough to be able to buy a couple of top notch US draftees. I went and looked today, and bid on the two best 18 year olds that I saw available on July 1st. Well, after someone sent me a PM that I have been scammed, I went and looked deeper. One of the 18 year olds I bid on, will really be 19 this season. How on earth did I bid on an 18 year old that is really 19? First, I sent my BB and email, and he told me to report it to the GMs. I have reported it to the GMs as well. Why on earth does this loophole exists? Someone who doesn’t care about his draftee, can just sit on him for a year, and list him with an auction end time right near other new 18 year old draftees, and literally scam someone out of so much money. In this case, I was scammed out of 1.8 million, for a player who is only worth around 500k, if that. Seasons and seasons I have saved to be able to train some top US draftees, just to be scammed by this other owner, who obviously knew of the loophole, and listed him at just the right time on purpose. To me, this is cheating. You know of a loophole, and you list the guy at just the right time, and take advantage of some idiot who thinks the guy is really an 18 year old. Yes, I am this idiot. My whole goal was to buy 2 top draftees, and train them for U21 and NT. Now I will only get 1, if I even get him. How is this fair? I’m sure I’m not the only idiot who has even done this. So my question goes back to why? Why is there any point in this game where you have guys listed as 18 year olds that aren’t 18? This should not be possible at all. It’s infuriating, as I have played for so long to save up the 1.8 million cash that I am being ripped off for right now. I did report it as cheating, as the BB told me to. My only hope now is that the GM changes the bid to 1 million, which the game says he is worth, even though he isn’t worth but a few hundred thousand, if that. I, personally, wouldn’t have even bid on him, had I known he was really 19 years old. I just can’t believe this game has been around for 50 plus seasons and something like this exists. I literally want to quit. It’s not fair, and it’s not fair that the guy who did this purposely, Jagermeister, is really going to benefit to the extent that he will benefit, by ripping me off. The guy has been around a long time, and he knew what he was doing. This should be fixed by the GMs and BBs. Sure, you can tell me now that I’m should have looked at DMI, but I didn’t think I had to. I saw two 18 year olds and I have waited so long to do this, I bid on the best two 18 year olds I could. The auction end times are right around the same time. I thought I was finally going to be able to do what I’ve been saving money to do. Now I get 10 mails from people asking why I let someone scam me so bad. I didn’t even know I could be scammed like that to begin with. Maybe I’m just too good a person, but I didn’t think people would actually cheat at this game, just to rip someone off like that. Wow…

This Post:
310617.3 in reply to 310617.2
Date: 6/29/2021 8:46:48 AM
Pearl City
IV.32
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you for saying this. I’ve had 10 random people reach out to me and tell me what to look for in the future. I’ve been playing since season 23. I didn’t even know this was a possibility, as I would never think to do this to anyone else. If I was browsing players and accidentally bid 1.8 million on a player, like I’ve seen other people here do, I would just bite the bullet, as that would be my mistake. This is something different. This is blatant cheating. Who would sit on a draftee from last year, all year, just to list him at the exact time in the offseason when the new 18 year old draftees are listed? The only answer I can think of is someone who knows of this loophole, and is trying to take advantage of someone who doesn’t look in depth at the player DMI. Otherwise, he would have listed him at any other point this last season, when he really was 18. Instead, he waited and listed him after the new 18 year olds were listed, so his guy would be right there in the mix, and pop up on the transfer list as an 18 year old. It’s taking advantage of the game engine and the way the offseason processing goes. Cheating doesn’t get anymore blatant. I wasn’t looking for 19 year olds, and my max age on the transfer list was 18, for that reason. I’ve been playing since season 23, and have never asked for any of my mistakes to be overturned, but this is different. Exploiting is cheating, and I was too naive to think that people wouldn’t do this to other GMs. I wouldn’t do it to anyone else, I know that much. Someone losing 1.8 million in 1 rip off transaction is enough to make someone quit, which isn’t what we need in BB. We need to promote BB, and keep this kind of stuff out of the game, so we can keep enjoying it for many more years. Now I just wait and see if the GMs and BBS agree with that. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by BFaye at 6/29/2021 8:54:42 AM

This Post:
310617.4 in reply to 310617.3
Date: 6/29/2021 9:59:13 AM
Aussie Pride
ABBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Didn't you notice his Prominent Free Throw with an up arrow?

This Post:
310617.7 in reply to 310617.6
Date: 6/29/2021 12:32:47 PM
Markham Nighthawks
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Greensborough Basketball Club
I completely sympathize with how you feel. However, I disagree with the idea that the seller is a cheater. Ultimately it was a feature (or bug) of the game that has existed for years. You can say he exploited it, but I wouldn't call it cheating.

Here I invoke the doctrine of caveat emptor - let the buyer beware. Eventually everyone comes around to noticing the age change problem. Some sooner than later. I realized it one year when my 2nd years were still 18 for a significant period - probably a year when the delays were really bad. Some people get the short end of the stick in those situations. In your case, you got it in spades. That is a hefty sum to have lost. I feel for you.

You have every right to be pissed - but again, I wouldn't call it cheating. It's regrettable, a feature of the game you previously failed to notice which cost you.

I also agree that it should be addressed. I like the idea of the warning label.

I hope the admins can help you mitigate your losses somehow.

This Post:
310617.8 in reply to 310617.7
Date: 6/30/2021 3:19:36 AM
Pearl City
IV.32
Overall Posts Rated:
I don’t know. I mean, the guy waited until there was a similar new draftee listed, and he listed his guy right next to him, for around the same amount of money. To me, that took time and effort, all to fool someone. It also shows he knew of the loophole in the game. He exploited that loophole. I’ll stand by my accusation that it is cheating. The fact are right there. Just because you know of a loophole to exploit, it’s the fact that you exploit it that makes it cheating. He could have listed that guy at any point this entire last season, when he didn’t even play the guy much, and kept his skills to levels where it would look like he is an 18 year old new draftee. Sure, I missed the DMI, and I missed the feee throws, but man, I shouldn’t have to look so deep to think an 18 year old is an 18 year old. If he is 19, he should be listed at 19. All it takes is to hold new transfer listings until after the offseason is processed. People would still get to see their draftees right away, and it would prevent this this type of scamming in the future all together, as he couldn’t list his 19 year old at the same time as the new draftees, under the guise of an 18 year old. I haven’t heard back if the GMs and BBS are going to help me at all. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed.

This Post:
310617.9 in reply to 310617.4
Date: 6/30/2021 3:26:40 AM
Pearl City
IV.32
Overall Posts Rated:
I didn’t notice the free throw or the DMI Aussie Dude. To be honest, I just entered the 18 year old max, the skill sets minimum that I wanted, the potential minimum, and bid on the first two that looked like good matches. And hey, they were both right around the same time. He just happened to list the guy right after a new draftee that has a totally similar skill set. He sure fooled me. I was just thinking I was about to get 2 awesome 18 year olds to train for U21 and NT. Blinded by the fact that 2 were right around the same end time, and I was a happy camper. Now i look like a happy idiot and he looks to get many seasons of hard earned saving.

This Post:
310617.10 in reply to 310617.8
Date: 6/30/2021 3:53:04 AM
Heywood Big Dogs
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Heywood Lions
Is it frustrating that there is those few days that the age lines up? Sure. Is it cheating if someone trains an 18 or 19yo draftee for a year and sells him when he sees what he has drafted the following year? No. I highly doubt anyone is deliberately “scamming” you by listing a player about to turn 19. They’re in their rights to sell their players for whatever they think they can get. It literally tells you when the player was drafted. Surely buyer beware is a factor here.