Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/20/2022 8:52:44 PM
Franca Shoemakers Revival
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
Anyone has any data about in which defense the defending players commit more fouls (regardless of the offense)? Or there isn't such a thing (and every defense is pretty much the same foul-wise)?

This Post:
315255.2 in reply to 315255.1
Date: 7/21/2022 5:39:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
With 3-2 zone players commit more fouls, I don't know about new 2-3 zone but before the changes it had the same effect 3-2 has. Also Crunch Time makes your players commit more fouls from what I know.

Last edited by zzz at 7/21/2022 5:44:28 AM

This Post:
315255.3 in reply to 315255.2
Date: 7/21/2022 6:42:54 AM
Roter Stern Stuttgart
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
In fact i had great success last year to hide a weak defending SG (-3 od compared to the other two and -5 compared to guessed league average in Jumpshot etc) in a 3-2 or a box and1

Since the engine is matchup based it's hard to have data, given the possibilies in tactics or defensive switches.In general a overmatched defender (or defense in general) will foul more often.

Not to mention the hidden aggressive-skill.

Manchmal ist man der Hund - manchmal der Baum.
Message deleted
Message deleted
This Post:
315255.6 in reply to 315255.3
Date: 7/21/2022 8:14:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah 3-2 zone is great at hiding a weak defender on the perimeter and 2-3 zone is great at hiding a weak inside defender but for 3-2 zone to work properly you need great defending and rebounding bigs in order to mitigate the penalty you get on inside defence and rebounding. Also 3-2 zone allows a lot more drives from the guards compared to man to man because your players guard space and not the opponent directly, in order to avoid shooting fouls on driving lay-ups and dunks you need SB but that's a skill most teams lack which leads to more shooting fouls commited mostly by the 2 bigs.

I don't have much experience with 2-3 zone but I know that it allows a lot of late contested jump shots where the outside defence isn't taken into consideration and only SB is again the skill that prevents a shooting foul. Moreover the ball gets pretty easily inside so the offensive players have a lot of opportunities for even more late contested or uncontested lay-ups and dunks.

I have no idea about the the box defences sadly.

Finally when you play man to man your defence relys on preventing the opponent from taking good shots and in order to do that you need good outside defence to lower the quality of perimeter shots and good inside defence to do the same on inside shots. So if you have good enough defenders you allow very few late contested shots which leads to less shooting fouls.

Last edited by zzz at 7/21/2022 9:26:00 AM