BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > NT and U21 eligible at the same time?

NT and U21 eligible at the same time?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
317331.2 in reply to 317331.1
Date: 12/13/2022 7:26:49 PM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I definitely support this idea, considering the fact that I have come across such situations in the past. Back in season 6 in another country, the NT coach allowed me to call up all the 21 and younger NT players into the U21, which allowed our country to perform well at U21 level, but at the expense of the NT. If this feature existed, both would actually be able to compete at it's fullest.

But I wonder how possible it is, programming wise, since NT and U21s are literally the same "type" of team in the game. U21s can actually play against senior NTs (happens pretty often to me at the last scrimmage of the season, personally I feel it's cool coz it's like my graduates "transitioning" into the next level), so what happens if both teams play each other?

Other than merch gain, we also have to factor in experience gain as well, because even though minutes/training aren't affected, but players do gain experience from NT games.

That said I'm not too keen on the senior NT having priority, tho I might change my mind depending on how it's implemented (I don't see a viable way now tho).
If we make it so that the senior NT can override U21 call-ups, we might actually see U21s suddenly having a player disappear from their roster midseason, and there's no way to get the player back unless they ask the guy who "stole" the player away from them, where chances are it won't be happening since if it was negotiable he could have just asked.

And will the move of calling U21 players up to the NT cost enthusiasm? If yes, then it's not really fair to the U21 team if the situation above occurs. If enthusiasm doesn't decrease, it could be a way for the U21 to "remove dead weight" midseason without affecting enthusiasm. But that isn't really fair considering it comes at no cost for teams that are no longer competing - NTs which fail to qualify for the second round of the regional qualifiers can call up the dead weights in the U21, and the U21 can then call up better players. They can even do that for every game. Similarly NTs that drop out of the Consolation Tournament can do the same thing as well.

If there's no way to have a player be on both teams at the same time, then I'd rather it not change because it opens the door to abuse.

This Post:
317331.9 in reply to 317331.8
Date: 12/14/2022 5:38:18 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
I disagree (as do the masses based on the poll), but you are more than welcome to voice your opinion.

Well, I also disagree. I agree with you that "first come, first serve" isn't the ideal solution. And it's not always easy if the U21 and NT managers disagree and don't work together. But to be honest: even in micro-nations it won't be every day that you have players like those two 100k players that could both play u21 and NT. We did have one guy (Scott Broszeit (22633131)) in Germany who could make the transition right away (or very shortly after) into the senior NT even though our NT isn't too weak. And I remember one player from Hanguk who is their all time leader in games and rebounds who did make the team at age 22. But both times, the U21 benefited more from those 21y olds player for those teams than for the NT.

And (even though I wasn't playing BB back in season 6/7), there were a couple of young very good players and the nt/u21 collaborated and released two players (Anichtopodis and Motte) after the u21 final (4822) against spain to play in the NT finals (also against spain (4891)) 3 days later.

So what I'm trying to say: it's possible to work out solutions. And: in my opinion it's not really realistic if a player plays two games at once (happening eg during allstar-game and BBM-matches). I like it that BB is trying to be quite realistic (even though the game changes and not all convinced about the implementation of the GDP as a solution instead of balancing the tactics in a better way ...)

Still, I love this game and I'd like it if there would be a solution. But not one where a player can play both for the nt and the u21 at the same time ...

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
317331.11 in reply to 317331.10
Date: 12/14/2022 6:01:18 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Thanks for your thoughts! It was a nice little history dive as well!

Thanks for reading them. I guess we can all agree that it's important to continue to improve the game and make (and discuss) suggestions. And it's great to have CM-Alonso who has a lot of ideas on his own agenda and takes everything that we suggest into consideration and helps develop the game from our point of view. Even though I like the skills without the numbers, I like the option to add them (quite helpful if you scout players as an NT/ U21 manager). And this has been an ongoing discussion since I started playing BB, I guess. Great that it finally got the (realatively) easy solution.

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!