Off/Def Focus of Players

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/24/2023 03:38:12
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Since I want 3 matches (1 league and 2 scrimmages/friendlies) during all-star week because I am lazy and I hate to do non-sense things and have zero motivation to change conceptions in trainings and bench players for no reason - some users complained that the game will be easier and with less strategy. And it made me ask myself what can I do in return for these complaining users which want to arrange the bench every single match to stay also happy. So, I think if every player has chance to play with some kind of focus in the game is a good option.

Mainly 3 types of focus: defensive - normal - offensive
Each player on field has to have possibility to play with one of these three types of focus. By default it should be normal of course. For me the focus should be in the border of 10-15-20% bonus. For example if I choouse DEF focus for my player, he should have 15% bonus on defensive skills and 15% less offensive skills. Now he has more chances to stop the good shooter of the opponent but also will not play so well in attack. I hope you get the idea but I am not sure how exactly the bonus should be and you can give your opinion.

I think it is a great opportunity for old users to feel happy and make changes every match if they want. But I still want my 3 matches during all-star week please!!!

This Post:
318451.2 in reply to 318451.1
Date: 03/24/2023 05:53:38
Overall Posts Rated:
But I still want my 3 matches during all-star week please!!!

You won't get it.

This Post:
318451.3 in reply to 318451.2
Date: 03/24/2023 07:43:22
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I love when impossible things happen :)

Anyway, this was not the main topic. What you think about choosing Offensive and Defensive focus for all the field players? I saw there are a lot of teams that want to make strategies for every single game and things to be difficult in some way. I think it will help for more strategic and tactical matches. The users that love to make tactics every single game and harder competition will be happy.

This Post:
318451.5 in reply to 318451.1
Date: 03/24/2023 09:54:02
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
I'm in favor of more strategic options in this game, but I feel like we could easily abuse this one. Even with the arrangement proposed by Perpete.

Like for example there are many defensive oriented players (eg the 3/2 centers). They could get a heavy boost on their defense while only having a slight downfall in the offense where they already have a really small usage rate.
Same thing applies for example on the offense for the guy that will get all the shots with the patient tactic.

This Post:
318451.6 in reply to 318451.5
Date: 03/25/2023 03:38:26
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Slam, ok, maybe you are right. But things can be more complicated. For example, if you use some player with def. tactic and he gains 15% def. skills, then all the players on field loose 4% of their offense in the same time because we have one player less in the attack. For example, your Center will make rebounds mostly in defense. He will be focused to keep opposite Center from scoring. But he will loose 4% attacking skill and since he is more participating in def., then all other players can loose 4% of their attack. Or maybe inside players (PF C if I am not wrong) only to loose 10% attack? And if in the same time you put your SG to play offensive way, he will gain 15% and will shoot more but in the same time PG SG and SF will loose 7% of their def. skills. If you put PG and SG to play off. your PG and SG will gain 15% each but in the same time PG SG and SF will loose 12% def. skills each. So, what about that then ???

This Post:
318451.7 in reply to 318451.4
Date: 03/26/2023 06:42:39
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
So, you don't comment anymore this topic. Why is that? It will make things too harder and unfamiliar for the top teams and you are affraid you will be good enough with these new changes? :)

This Post:
318451.9 in reply to 318451.8
Date: 03/26/2023 07:35:58
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I am not here for debates. I am here for changes. English is making me more tired to debate pointlessly.
Nodoby tells me that there will be 3 matches next season in ASG for example to stay calm. Or if this Off/Def thing can happen or not. But if people want it to happen more debates are necessary maybe to adjust how the idea can happen correctly.
You guys want the things to be harder and to have more tactical options etc - maybe the idea is not so good as I think but I can't understand without comments and the developers maybe also. Ok, maybe I should not waste my time trying to improve something here and all should stay the same.