scheduling scrimmages (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/18/2008 10:40:37 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Here's what I'd like to see to make organizing scrimmages more efficient. Rather than having to scroll through the Forum post for teams looking for a scrimmage, or crawling through our league or other leagues in search of somebody available to scrimmage, why not have a separate page for "Teams Looking for a Scrimmage". Every week, all a manager needs to do to get on the list for the week is to hit one button (needs to be done for each week). The page should list all teams (including country and league) looking to schedule a scrimmage.

In general, I haven't yet had a problem scheduling a scrimmage when I've needed one. But the time it takes to find teams that I are on my team's competitive level and that are still available for a scrimmage is enough to make it a bit dreadful. I've only actually had somebody reach out to me for a scrimmage once so far, every other scrimmage I've had has come because I'd send out 14 invites a week when I've needed a scrimmage, and eventually one team accepts. A single page with teams purposefully adding their names to it would consolidate available teams on one page, a make it easier to find an active team that is seriously interested in a scrimmage.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
31874.2 in reply to 31874.1
Date: 5/19/2008 12:00:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is already implemented as a Supporter option - Supporters can click on the "Users Online" link on a Countries page and see all online users that need a scrimmage.

Besides, you can use the Scrimmage Ad Thread in Global.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
31874.3 in reply to 31874.2
Date: 5/19/2008 8:48:36 AM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks. I'm a supporter, but I did not yet realize I could see how easy it is to find online teams needing a scrimmage.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!