This Post:
320335.2 in reply to 320335.1
Date: 08/29/2023 02:49:08
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
And passing big men were already highly valued.
The real problem is that you can't get 14+ Pa guards without seeing their salary skyrocket, whereas passing is totally free for centers. It makes no sense and it could easily be corrected by adapting the salary formula. You'd then get what you want (more passing guards leading to more scoring) but without the downsides (passing centers becoming overpowered).

And yes, again, it could be nice to discuss these huge changes before they occur and to have time to adapt. It takes years to train players and seasons to build a team, please don't forget it.

This Post:
320335.5 in reply to 320335.4
Date: 08/29/2023 03:38:40
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
And passing big men were already highly valued.
That's not the feeling I have.
i was not only talking about the value in game but also on the market. 3-2 centers become the new thing and now there's an announcement saying that passing will be even more valued.

Even if a PG is 30 PA he will never have a realistic number of AST/game in the GE used so far. Never.
Well maybe, but that doesn't mean that the first issue isn't the salary formula.

You don't know if Justin has increased the number of AST for all positions in the same way. From what I see after only one game day is that the number of AST has clearly increased for PG mainly. You should wait a little bit more before making assertions (and not used a game between 2 very weak defenses).
That is true. But for now we only have a few informations and it's totally normal to ask for more clarification. In change management, you don't do the change before explaining how it would impact the environment, or else there will be many questions/disagreements.

The number of assists/game in BB is around 10 under the average in NBA. I see this change as a "fix", so from my point of view it's not a problem to have made it without any discussion before.
Since when being closer to what happens in NBA is a fix ? I can list you tens of differences between BB and NBA that would totally change how BB works, and I'm not sure it would make BB better. Or at least I can tell it won't be BB anymore. As Alonso said, that's a huge GE change, therefore it should be announced and/or discussed so that we can all adapt before it happens. At least that's my opinion. And to be honest I'm 100% in favor of a game with more points/assists, I'm just wondering if this change is the best way and, again, saying that we always need time to adapt before such a change occurs.

Last edited by slamdunk9 at 08/29/2023 03:43:17

This Post:
320335.11 in reply to 320335.10
Date: 08/29/2023 10:12:13
sheert devils
III.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
sheert devils II
If my memory is correct, I remember there was a hint that they are working on the passing issue. so this not totally unannounced.