BuzzerBeater Forums

Bugs, bugs, bugs > Shot Clock Error

Shot Clock Error (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/20/2008 8:51:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In tonight's game, with the game on the line, I got a shot clock violation at the final buzzer - BUT I ONLY HAD POSSESSION FOR THREE SECONDS! I could not have had such a violation with such a short possession...

WTF is wrong with this game? It seems like my team, which was beyond dominant and has only improved over the past couple of seasons is constantly swimming against the current, losing games I should win, regardless of my tactics, enthusiasm, etc.

Either my players are suddenly awful or everyone else's team is suddenly beyond amazing, because I just lost 2 straight games to perennial, mid-level, mediocre Div II teams, and I was in Div 1 last season and dominated Div II the year before.

I started out last season with a .600 record then lost a bazillion league games in a row and ended up demoted, even losing to the bottom feeder teams I had smashed earlier in the season. Now I'm losing to even crappier teams.

If this is a result of the new algorithms running this game, then I'm going to quit - it's not sour grapes, but I shouldn't be punished as a result of a system overhaul.

And for the record, it's nice that everyone else's outside shooters have improved under the new system. Maybe my outside shooters can actually shoot at least 50% now and then, hrm>

This Post:
32224.2 in reply to 32224.1
Date: 5/20/2008 8:55:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The game is here, btw: http://www.buzzerbeater.org/BBWeb/boxscore.aspx?MatchID=4274217

And while I'm at it:

1) If our rebounding for the game was the same level, and he focused on outside shooting, then how did he out-rebound me by 15 rebounds and get ***23*** offensive rebounds?!?!?

2) How have my players' game shapes been dropping when they're playing full weekly minutes?

This Post:
32224.3 in reply to 32224.1
Date: 5/20/2008 9:16:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The shot clock violation at the end of a quarter is well-known... I should add it to the "Read first" thread. It's just a match viewer issue... in the game engine, your team wasn't able to get a shot off before the buzzer.

As far as the rest of your issues, those aren't for the bugs forum. There are lots of other places to vent, e.g. (14900.1).

Last edited by Mod-oeuftete at 5/20/2008 9:17:39 PM