Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/05/2024 01:57:54
Grizzly Bears
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BC Rebel

Hi all, comparing to forum post (319331.1) I would like to do another suggestion.

Im sure that almost everyone is agreed that a more realistic way of training is welcome in BB.
Its not realistic that you have to focus many seasons on 2-3 players for a decent training, while the other part (66-75%) of your team don’t get any specific training for there position..

My suggestion:
Lets work with atleast 2 main trainers.

For example:
Trainer 1 focus on training pressing (PG) - OD
Trainer 2 focus on training inside defence (C) - ID

Rules:
- you can have only 1 trainer from each level, so its not possible to hire 2 L7 trainers.
- you can have only 1 trainer with speciality
- you can’t train with both trainers at 1 position, so when trainer 1 is training at the guards position, you have to choose between Forward or C training with your second trainer

Also decrease the salary by 33-50% of a trainer. There prices are ridiculous..

Feel free to share your opinion but keep it respectfull

This Post:
322615.3 in reply to 322615.2
Date: 02/05/2024 23:41:23
Grizzly Bears
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BC Rebel
No its not the intention for easy training, all players at max level or cheap training..
Its the intention for a more realistic training ?
If im not wrong BB wants to create a GE wich is near to realistic ?

1) What team in the world trains only 2-4 players for a few seasons and all others won’t be trained for there specific position. ?

2) Name me a team who raise a trainer his salary every week, once in a season or few seasons, yes ! But suggesting to lower the salary of a trainer was mayby a bit to much, and it has to be another suggestion bacause its another subject then the training suggestion

3) I already suggest for making sure its not possible to hire 2 high level trainers, so it could be fine if your second trainer can only be a level 1

Its not that im not happy with how training works today but its not close to a realistic way of training.. mayby it can be a solution to expand the cross training to the whole team ?

My logic can’t imagine that we are only training specific positions and the biggest part of the team isnt improving anything.
Or am I wrong and overthink this part to much ?

Cheers and thanks for your feedback

Last edited by GioDeb at 02/06/2024 00:19:54

This Post:
322615.4 in reply to 322615.3
Date: 02/06/2024 02:35:17
Tippa Magic
ABBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Walla Magic
This is a game. Why does it need to be realistic? Perhaps from a GE point of view we are working towards that BUT…

I personally think and I would assume most others agree that training is one of / if not, the most fun part of the game. I don’t care that it’s not realistic to real life because if all players got training each week automatically, the game would become too easy. Balancing positions, minutes, games during a week is part of the game and I personally don’t think a game has to be comparative to real life in all aspects.

Obviously this is just an opinion and you’re entitled to yours, but I enjoy the difficulties of training and mixing that in with everything else in the game. I think every player getting training would ruin this aspect.

To: AMT
This Post:
322615.5 in reply to 322615.4
Date: 02/06/2024 02:57:19
Grizzly Bears
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BC Rebel
Fair enough what you are saying when looking at it from your point of view.
I never said I don’t like the training right now. But after reading the post what if shared in the beginning this just came up in my mind, and I like the discussions here at the forums to see many diffrent opinions from diffrent managers.

Just like you said, its just a game so I guess I was overthinking it to much.

So thanks for sharing your feedback

Last edited by GioDeb at 02/06/2024 03:02:09

This Post:
322615.6 in reply to 322615.5
Date: 02/06/2024 04:29:48
Súria Lakers
IV.27
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Súria Lakers II
I don't think it's a bad idea at all. For me, a twist on the training system could be benefitial for the game and has to be done. The problem here is about "what" to change in order to keep the essential of training.

From my point of view, the game developers / BB's / the ones on charge of the game, are trying to improve the players as much as they can to reach new limits as we saw from some seasons ago changes on the Draft system (big improves on 19yo players) and facilities (youth trainer option, gym facility, etc), so the point of "easy, quick and cheap training and every players at max skills" being said from a great respectable GM isn't quite on the line as the game seems to go.

A lot of people are satisfied with the actual training system as it is, but maybe that's because it is what we've always had... maybe! Probably if the system was different from the beggining we would have been OK with it.

I really like BB as it is in that part of the game, but I wouldn't close any doors ro change something.

PKT desde la Temporada 4

Para ver la imagen en mayor tamaño:
(https://i.postimg.cc/mDhxMLDX/e3700169252f336ab3c187ad4773...)
This Post:
322615.8 in reply to 322615.6
Date: 02/06/2024 15:21:55
Grizzly Bears
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BC Rebel
I really like BB as it is in that part of the game, but I wouldn't close any doors ro change something.

This is exacly what my thoughts are at the moment.
I will never complaining about the current state of the game because im enjoying it.
But I also wont regret to see some other doors will be opened.

But for sure if another door will open we need to be sure it doesnt gonna ruin the game.

Last edited by GioDeb at 02/06/2024 15:25:00

This Post:
322615.9 in reply to 322615.8
Date: 02/07/2024 12:55:53
Franca Shoemakers Revival
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
Suggestion based on the fact that some positions allow one skill training at 100% and others don't and why and how this could be changed for the better:

So, that's the current situation:

only players who play at PG position can receive full exclusive one skill training in passing, handling and outside defence;
only players who play at SG position can receive full exclusive one skill training in outside shooting;
players who play at SF position cannot receive full exclusive one skill training;
players who play at PF position cannot receive full exclusive one skill training;
only players who play at C position can receive full exclusive one skill training in inside defence, inside shooting and shot blocking;

That's not bad, buzzerbeater has been going for so many years like this and maybe the challenge of building SFs and PFs out of this scheme is one of the reasons of bb's resilience.

But what if we change a bit this scheme?

What if:

only players who play at PG position could receive full exclusive one skill training in passing and handling;
only players who play at SG position could receive full exclusive one skill training in outside shooting;
only players who play at SF position could receive full exclusive one skill training in outside defence;
only players who play at PF position could receive full exclusive one skill training in inside shooting;
only players who play at C position could receive full exclusive one skill training in inside defence and shot blocking;

the other skills (driving, jump shooting and rebounding) remain the way they are.

That wouldn't change the core of buzzerbeater, since there's no need for radical changes, but this could be an interesting tweak to the training scheme.