Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 6/11/2024 4:40:44 PM
Kirkwood Hawks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ozark Outlaws
Welcome to season 65! We have some interesting story lines and new league members this year. We have our bb YouTuber in bubbles! Also, bb-Justin joins us and now gets to scare off against him brother. The white mambas manager is my real life friend. We grew up in the same neighborhood. Should be a fun season!

This Post:
324083.2 in reply to 324083.1
Date: 6/11/2024 5:26:14 PM
Alaska Alphas
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Oregon Omegas
Welcome new members! It's fun to see some familiar faces coming in. Looking forward to a good season! Hopefully it's finally my turn to go up haha

Join the BB USA Discord! https://discord.gg/kApjNTK
This Post:
324083.3 in reply to 324083.2
Date: 6/11/2024 5:34:08 PM
EDH Wolves
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
EDH Wolves II
Well it been a few years and nice to be back in Div II, even though we did have a playoff accident due to an untimely injury....good luck all! Nice to see a few faces I recognize and some I don't.

Cws
This Post:
324083.4 in reply to 324083.3
Date: 6/11/2024 7:44:40 PM
Mill City Thunder
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Jarvihans
Welcome new promotees + Justin! After having multiple $700K+ salary teams last season, I'm glad that the highest in the league right now is only $630K... Alaska and BU Terriers need to follow Finisher's lead and sell off some players! Of course, there's plenty of time for someone to go out and load up even more, I hope I haven't just jinxed it...

This Post:
324083.5 in reply to 324083.1
Date: 6/11/2024 10:29:31 PM
ExplosiveBubbleWrap
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BubblesExploded
This might be the most marketable D.II leagues of all time! Everyone cool if I just slide into the 4th seed on our side? I don't mean any trouble!

Bubbles BuzzerBeater Official YouTube Channel:(https://www.youtube.com/@BubblesBuzzerBeater)
This Post:
324083.6 in reply to 324083.5
Date: 6/12/2024 12:44:14 AM
The LA Lions
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
This might be the most marketable D.II leagues of all time! Everyone cool if I just slide into the 4th seed on our side? I don't mean any trouble!

Holy... I just opened up my schedule and it looked like a who's who of top managers. I didn't even notice Justin and co on the other side yet. I'm too vain to start the season 0-3 (0-5? 0-6?!) without calling out my shot first, like Babe Ruth pointing at the stands as he takes his stance in the batter's box. At least 5 out of my first 8 are at home, so I only have myself to blame when the season blows up in my face haha...
GL everybody

This Post:
324083.7 in reply to 324083.6
Date: 6/12/2024 10:53:27 AM
New York Nugs
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
New York Thugs
Welcome everybody! Crazy to see EDH in here I remember seeing that name in 2010.

This Post:
324083.8 in reply to 324083.7
Date: 6/12/2024 5:17:31 PM
Googily Dolls
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
USA Farmers
I recognize a few faces but most teams are new for me since I’ve been hanging in the lower leagues for quite some time. First season I reached D2.2 was 16 years ago, so lots of nostalgia for me.

Don’t mind me though, just sight seeing. Gl all

This Post:
324083.11 in reply to 324083.10
Date: 6/15/2024 9:39:32 AM
Mill City Thunder
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Jarvihans
Gonna take a stab at some pre-season power rankings. It's too hard to do a straight rankings with new teams and offseason transfers so I'm going to group teams by tiers, and I am fully aware that half of these will look terrible in a month or two.

League Favorite: Alaska Alphas
I consistently predicted Alaska to do well last season and they just kept letting me down... For Nick's sake, let's hope they break that trend this season. They kept their team together after the salary increases of their 3 trainees and are in a true make-or-break season. Those 3 guards spearhead a strong team that is complemented with good rotation players in the frontcourt. After Rhino's promoted and Finisher sold off, Alaska rises to the top by default

Circle of Contenders: Kirkwood Hawks, ExplosiveBubbleWrap, BU Terriers
The line of differentiation between this tier and the next one is thin and I think will look very different by the end of the season. I feel good about Kirkwood here having the 2nd highest salary in the league and making the semi-finals last season. EBW is coming up from D3 so I have less of a feel for them but already has one of the higher salary teams. BU sold off one of their top players but still have a very good top 4. We will see if that's is a legacy pick or if they are still strong without Cardenas

Playoff Posse: LA Lions, Mill City Thunder, Puff Puff Pass, NY Chunks, Serene Wolves
Most of these teams have stayed the same from last season but expect better results as the league weakens around them. I thought Puff Puff Pass was much better than their record last year, especially after adding a new SG late in the season. I expect them and NY Chunks to bounce back from being in relegation series to be in the thick of the Big 8 playoff fight. Serene Wolves is my sleeper pick, they are one of the lowest salary teams but have some very salary-efficient SFs and some young trainees who may provide some punch later in the season.

Fight to Stay Up: NY Nugs, EDH Wolves, White Mambas, Finisher23, 10inch Vertical
This group has some hard to predict teams, a few could easily jump up a tier with a TL splurge. NY Nugs and Finisher23 were the two best teams last season in the Great 8 but both have sold off. Finisher is hoping the new GE tweaks favor a heliocentric offense led by Bucetta, but they don't have much depth behind him. NY Nugs has their top 2 players on the TL. We will see if they sell, and if they do, will Coach Nuggets choose to rebuild or reload... EDH was my rival in D3 2 seasons ago, I'm glad to see they made it up. They had a very good D3 team but I think they'll need to buy some reinforcements to compete up here.

Relegation Station: Goggily Dolls, Forza Jazz
Looks like both of these teams are packing it in and focusing on training this season. If that stays true, it means there are 5 teams in the Great 8 that will stay up and won't have to worry about an injury tanking their relegation series.