This Post:
Date: 9/8/2024 6:41:34 AM
Gli Indomabili
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Gli Scellerati
Hello everybody!
I was wondering what type of build you prefer/enjoy the most getting in a trainee when training.
As usual, I will divide the thread in separate questions, so feel free to answer any questions you would like to.

1 - What type of player do you usually prefer aiming for/enjoy the most building? (guard, big, SF, defender, stopper, passer, 3&D, etc...)
2 - Do you train to keep or to sell? Or a mix between the two?
3 - What type of player builds do you think are more profitable in the Transfer List? And more valuable to have in a team?
4 - Do you just train good/high potential players or also lower potentials?
5 - Do you train at all? Or do you enjoy a different approach to the game? In that case, how do you like to build your team? (buying a bunch of veterans, being active on the Transfer List, drafting and selling right away...)

P.s. I will add a poll for those who want to participate in the discussion that way.
Thanks a lot for your ideas and points of view!
Cheers!

Edo

Poll:  Training: what do you enjoy the most about it?

I have control over the distribution of skills
I don't like the TL: homegrown team all the way!
I love seeing my trainees become great!
The shiny Friday pops
Train, sell and repeat!
Train, make a run to league I (I hope) and repeat!
You save a lot of money when building a team

"Un matrimonio, adoro i matrimoni, da bere per tutti!"
This Post:
324745.3 in reply to 324745.1
Date: 9/11/2024 5:56:11 AM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
In all these years of BB, I tried a lot of different players.

Currently I build an allrounder with defense impact in Germany. All skills at 14/15 and OD, ID and SB higher. I don't know if I will reach this target, but let's see.

Haek was the prototype 40 seasons ago or so. A pure defense player with OD/ID/SB 18-19. High PA and no offense. The game engine tried to avoid him and the other players had to defend more shots. So he could not use his full defense potential. He was the only player with such a skillset, ahead of the SB time.

In Utopia I am still in the defense big run. It is my third one, the first was with middle potentials, the second was an U21/NT player for Chile and now I have Kim and Wolf. All errors and failures from the first two runs are now considered. Kim and Wolf are tall players and I started mit SB. ID was trained a little bit too ;) at the start of this season I finsihed PA and switched to OD. For the next 3 seasons. I know, 99% of the managers would start with OD, but I think for such tall players it has to be the other way: start with the big guy skills.

I tried also 2 position training and six trainees. It was successful. Thanks to this approch I promoted to Div. 1. Four of the six trainees were part of my team. If you don't build NT players, this is also a good way.

JS=JR guys were also a part of my training philosophy. I played for promotion to Div. 1 with this team. I had three trainees with a lot of JS and JR. They capped and I had not enough shooting power...

You see, there are a lot of ways for different players. I am already thinking about the next run for the trainees. Maybe I will buy two new trainees after Kim and Wolf are finsihed and start with SFs.

This Post:
324745.4 in reply to 324745.3
Date: 9/11/2024 7:04:25 AM
Gli Indomabili
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Gli Scellerati
Thanks a lot!
It is true, there are a lot of interesting and fun ways to train players, even getting creative is one!
I am particularly interested in this part:

I tried also 2 position training and six trainees. It was successful. Thanks to this approch I promoted to Div. 1. Four of the six trainees were part of my team. If you don't build NT players, this is also a good way.

I would like to kindly ask you how you did manage to keep the four trainees when you had to switch to mono training. Would you rotate three of them every week, thus training each one of them thrice every four weeks? So, the idea would be training a bit slower, but getting four players instead of three at the end of the training cycle? Or you simply didn't switch to mono-position training, and always trained all of the six players in two positions, until you chose four of them and sold the other two?

Thanks a lot again for your help, to both of you!
Cheers!

Edo

"Un matrimonio, adoro i matrimoni, da bere per tutti!"
This Post:
324745.5 in reply to 324745.4
Date: 9/11/2024 9:40:15 AM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
I started with 1on1 forwards and six trainees.
During this time I checked which player is foul prone and trains faster.
After 1on1 I went for OD and JR. I mixed it as 1 and 2 position training. In the beginning as a 2 position, later as 1 position.

The point is, you have to decide which of your trainees gets which role.
Starter, back up or for selling.
As soon as I reached the skills for the back ups, I switched to 1 position for the starters and took the back ups out of the main training. In ASG week and at the end of the season, I used 2 position again.

The back ups are around 100-110 TSP, I think more is possible. If I am not mistaken JosephKa reached 144 TSP with 2 position training.

This Post:
324745.6 in reply to 324745.1
Date: 9/12/2024 4:39:02 AM
mackattack
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
I am a relatively recent returner to the game and have taken the decision to train my trainees under MVP potential until 21 with an aim to make the U21 National team. I have had one player who has gone through this process. I made the choice to sell him as his JR was too low. I made 450k profit on him. He still has great potential to grow with Superstar potential.

My current crop of 20 year old and 19 year olds have better starting skills so I may choose to keep them. It all depends on how my draft goes this season. I've spent a bit of money so I'm hoping to obtain a draft pick with MVP+ potential to aim for the NT.

I'm training guards just now and aim to get their guard skills in the 10-14 range, with a focus on getting OD as close to 14 as possible, by the time they hit 21.

This Post:
324745.7 in reply to 324745.1
Date: 9/15/2024 1:11:07 AM
Johns Creek Wave
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Holly Springs Haggis
When I first started my team 32 seasons ago, I was determined to draft my own team

It worked for a while, but I realized that it was a costly crapshoot. Sometimes you get lucky and find really good players. Often you don't. Or you can get a high potential player who starts with low stats. And pay a lot of money in the process.

Buying trainees off the TL is much more effective. Depending on what I am training, I will look for certain attributes (like stamina or OD) and set a minimum for them. Then I look for potential. And I try to find players with similar builds.

I train for what I need. I think big men are easier to train, but guards are more important in the game. Right now, I am training guards for both teams.

This season I had 5 trainees for both teams. My regular team will have to sell 2 at the beginning of next season as I am about to start single position training. My Utopia team will train 5 until I feel there are 3 players worth training at one position.

As for potential, it depends on where you are. My US team was in a very competitive D3 group for a long while. I realized I was going to have to step up my talent level to progress. That's why I laid out some cash for HoF potential players this season.

My Utopia team just needs some guys. So PAS or Superstar players are fine. There will probably be a day when that changes

As far as what is valuable, who knows? I have sold players that I thought were average for very high prices, while players that I thought were better went for low prices. All it takes is for one drunk manager to fall in love with a player to make him valuable.

Training players is both rewarding and frustrating. But it's better than spending a ton of money on some injury-plagued, foul magnet.