Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
324756.3 in reply to 324756.2
Date: 9/11/2024 7:57:13 AM
QQguest
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
If I remember correctly, it is related to team consolidation.
The following is the news.
Posted by: BB-Marin 6/5/2022 11:47:38 PM
Mid-season announcement: Team consolidation for all leagues!

For our Utopia users, this is nothing new and has been implemented from the start, making sure teams are grouped with as many other human controlled teams as possible. Since we already give human teams total priority in promotion (over bot teams), we decided to implement this new team placement starting this offseason!

Of course, there are some other aspects to this:
1. Top league teams won't be affected, of course.
2. Most human teams will change their current league and move laterally to new leagues of the same division - but now they will play mostly human opponents!
3. To offset possible losses of income, we will match the promotion awards for all promoted teams - no matter whether they are playoff winners or just promoted due to available empty slots!
4. Fresh and newly signed up teams will be placed in leagues populated only by bots or other such teams - to make sure they don't get overwhelmed right off the bat. We consider all teams 1 season or younger "fresh"

We hope you will enjoy this new initiative to make BB more competitive and fun!

Last edited by little Guest at 9/11/2024 7:58:03 AM

This Post:
324756.8 in reply to 324756.1
Date: 9/11/2024 5:02:57 PM
Wavy Gates
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dribbling Souls

This Post:
324756.9 in reply to 324756.1
Date: 9/12/2024 1:51:44 AM
AS Barroom Heroes
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Lone Pine Productions
Please, delete the absurd rule that give the fans bonus for the next season even if your team doesn't win the finals. If I'm sure that I will be promoted, I will not have any incentive to win the series.

Look (131172520), "Freschi" is the best team of the italian II divisions, he dominates the regular season therefore he already has the promotion assured, so he decide to lose the semifinal in order not to pay salaries for the week.

Beware, it's not a moral judgment, salary wise it's a smart move and the rules allow that, but it's against the spirit of the game.

We send the fifths to the play out, because players lose on purpose to not pay salaries for 2 week and put a fix match prize for game 3 of the finals and then we allow this?

I agree that this rule, as it is now, is creating a somewhat absurd situation.

However, how often does this (meaning that the first place team, which is sure to be promoted, gives up in the first round of the playoffs) happen?
This season, for instance, the second place team, on all-around record, tried the same trick, but got burned because Freschi, the first place team, did it. But it doesn't really happen that often. Going back five or six seasons, in italian serie II, these are the only two instances I could find.

This Post:
324756.10 in reply to 324756.5
Date: 9/12/2024 4:55:54 AM
Cobra Kai
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Wu Tang Clan
You address only one issue not the whole "problem". There are teams with 22-0 ,21-1 etc who are competitive and for whatever reason they lose the play offs (opponent buys very strong players, they make mistake in tactics/enthusiasm etc etc)

The new rule is better because more people are happy, it brings more money to the market and it makes the game more interesting for new managers that promote from IV even by accident sometimes. From the motivation perspective you are right but all the other negatives that occur simply overshadow this proposition

Managers should realize that there is no perfect system that everyone is content and everyone thinks its fair. But in the past few seasons solid progress has been made so that the game is more enjoyable and fair for newbie managers as well as old ones.

This Post:
324756.11 in reply to 324756.10
Date: 9/12/2024 10:00:01 AM
AS Barroom Heroes
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Lone Pine Productions
You address only one issue not the whole "problem". There are teams with 22-0 ,21-1 etc who are competitive and for whatever reason they lose the play offs (opponent buys very strong players, they make mistake in tactics/enthusiasm etc etc)

The new rule is better because more people are happy, it brings more money to the market and it makes the game more interesting for new managers that promote from IV even by accident sometimes. From the motivation perspective you are right but all the other negatives that occur simply overshadow this proposition

Managers should realize that there is no perfect system that everyone is content and everyone thinks its fair. But in the past few seasons solid progress has been made so that the game is more enjoyable and fair for newbie managers as well as old ones.

The obvious solution would be to not give the promotion bonus only to the teams that lose in the first round by tanking (or, on purpose).
I don't know how you would determine that though.