Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 9/16/2024 8:01:15 AM
Swan River Serpents
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Westopian Tigers

BB has changed a bit since I last played. Concerning the Draft and scouting, there are new categories.

Can someone tell me please if there is an optimum use of scouting points (most effective strategy) for scouting players assuming I have say 50, or 60 or 70 scouting points etc?

Thank you.

Bring back the Fishbowl.

This Post:
324786.3 in reply to 324786.2
Date: 9/16/2024 9:30:22 PM
Swan River Serpents
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Westopian Tigers
Scouting combine for 10 points is a great value. Then I personally like to do the 50 points to discover all skills. Then I take the guys that I think are worth it and scout + interview them to see if they have high enough potential. Hope to find 3 players that are worth training and hopefully get one.

You need about 80 points to ensure you get at least one solid prospect this way. If you are limited on points, I would at least find out OD since that could make or break the player, in my opinion. I do homegrown so draft every other season and spend 0 points the other year. I actually value 4 ball potential because I won't be able to train an MVP+ properly and I don't want to sell them. Just feels wrong to get a HOF guy and undertrain him.

Edit: One note I just remembered. 19 year olds were given a BIG boost. They can be up to prominent skills now. I only go after 18 year olds if they are 60+ tsp AND well distributed.

Yeah...that is very close to my usual process. I guess I'm curious about the "Gether and Shoot," "Extra Pass" etc etc. they are new to me. I have trained U21 players before so I understand the importance of baseline skills...just trying to learn if those additional scouting options are useful or not?

You gave me some great info, particularly around 19 yr olds...who I have never considered drafting before.

Thanks for your feedback.

+1

Bring back the Fishbowl.