BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > BBB 3 Benefits

BBB 3 Benefits

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/22/2008 5:52:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As I was looking at some of the BBB threads I came across 1 question.....

Why are the best teams getting a further benefit of more $$$, Training? I fail to understand the fairness in giving those teams yet another game that counts....

I understand the concept and yes the games should matter, but those 2 items are everyones livelyhood and it just furthers the gap between the haves and the have nots.

Please don't tell me they earned it. They got their reward in the added training, and revenue for having the game at the highest level.

Last edited by Bobos Playhouse at 5/22/2008 5:56:55 PM

This Post:
32764.3 in reply to 32764.2
Date: 5/22/2008 6:22:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes I am well aware of the HT situation - I have a team there too. But how is it fair they are rewarded with MORE training and $$$. Do the rich really need to get richer?

Personally speaking I agree with the incentive to move up. The TV revenue alone should be enough to motivate a team to get to the NBBA. When you add the 1.2 Mil for 3 games to their known 10k + arena size just exaggerates the issue. If there was an arena tax that came EVERY time you played at home, then I could understand the need to offset those costs.

Could you name some teams from a big country that has been in the game since the middle of season 2 participating in BBB?

This is not meant to be a whinning thread, and I may have to accept your reason as a response. If it was really the best of the best, then there are some more teams that should of been added.

This Post:
32764.4 in reply to 32764.3
Date: 5/22/2008 7:20:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't really care about the extra training and am not being able to take advantage of it cause at least 3/4 games a week are too competitive for backup/reserve trainees to play in anyways. The extra minutes affecting GS are a bigger negative than any extra training I might be getting.

The money is obviously good, but it makes it more of a challenge to avoid getting knocked out of the national cup (where you're likely to make more money then the B3) and trying to win difficult league games. Plus, at most 200k extra per week at best isn't enough to add a good enough player to take advantage of extra training.

As weeks go by and extra minutes take their toll on key players all the B3 teams remaining become easier to beat in the league and cup.

Overall, if you manage it perfectly and get some luck (good draws in both tourneys) you might come out ahead, if not, you could more easily come out behind.

Last edited by brian at 5/22/2008 7:23:19 PM

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
This Post:
32764.5 in reply to 32764.1
Date: 5/22/2008 7:48:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
why you won't hear that they earned it?

Why you want them to play free and injure their players? I like this tourney, and i got a bit patriot with the one who plays their for my country, and a lot of manager call for a tournament like that.

And don't forget the game is pretty young and the top players gonna more expensive every season, maybe you could earn good money as a good team at this point, but in 2-3 Seasons this could look the other way.(and then there is time to catch up, and i actually do like alot of other managers in my country)

I got some problem with the extra training minutes, the b3 teams got - because now there teams get slaughert in the national league and even they don't play with their first formation in the B3 - i hope they will change it that the b3 was the tournament where the best players play and theire are just tactical games to win the game and not others game in the week. Especially you could compare this tournament with the national team, which don't generate training minutes too.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 5/22/2008 7:49:27 PM

This Post:
32764.6 in reply to 32764.5
Date: 5/22/2008 9:39:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that was his point. It is comparable to the NT's so it should be treated like the NT's.

I am in favor of something like this as well. Yet, I can't help think to myself "how is this tournament going to inspire me to get into it?" This means I have to win the top division (can't happen this year) or beat 700 some odd users in the US who have the same goal. Add the revenue piece to it and now you have more cash to build a bigger stadium or last a few weeks and it turns into millions. So their head start they have is growing, not diminishing.

You can point to the Chicago Bulls post in the USA forum as an example of how much cash we are talking about. Points of reference. 1.39 approx from winning the cup..... 1.2 mil just for the cup games. I am sure the weekly revenue is not hurting. Last 4 weeks (Only dealing with potential) and there is close to another million dollars. Thats over 3 million dollars.

Then there is the precious enthusiasm gains these teams gain because they play a game that counts. How do we know mutual TIE's are not happening now? Thereby giving these teams a larger advantage - please don't put it past any of these teams except the team that tricked Brazil in the NT semi's.

Ok now I am venting..... we just crippled the daytraders because people were complaining they were not earning their place. We also were told changes were happening because the rich were hoarding huge amounts of cash. And now we have rewarded the already rich with a tournament for them to decide who is better. That just plain sucks. Brianjames has generally been a straight shooter (based on his forum remarks), and no disrespect to anyone, but there has to be a better answer then the one we are giving them. If your good, you will over come this.

This Post:
32764.7 in reply to 32764.5
Date: 5/22/2008 10:01:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont quite understand what you meant by your first line......

Those top players not only get more expensive them, but for US too. What better way to offset some of those expenses than to have yet another way for them to earn money?

Again I don't think any of the teams in the tournament are suffering. I have played some of these teams and while I put my best squad out there, they are still winning. I have little sympathy for a team that is already kicking my rear to give them extra means to do so.

Bottom line - there is an expense cap, but no revenue cap. It's fairly obvious and thats how we all stay afloat.

This Post:
32764.8 in reply to 32764.4
Date: 5/22/2008 10:03:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Brian,

I think it's all part of the game. As a team in a lower division I want to catch you. This tournament doesnt help me do this on any level if you benefit from it. You have 2 chances to return this year while I have one. We both may not have to play everyone, but from where I am sitting you have a much better shot than I.

This Post:
32764.9 in reply to 32764.4
Date: 5/22/2008 10:22:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't really care about the extra training and am not being able to take advantage of it cause at least 3/4 games a week are too competitive for backup/reserve trainees to play in anyways. The extra minutes affecting GS are a bigger negative than any extra training I might be getting.

The money is obviously good, but it makes it more of a challenge to avoid getting knocked out of the national cup (where you're likely to make more money then the B3) and trying to win difficult league games. Plus, at most 200k extra per week at best isn't enough to add a good enough player to take advantage of extra training.

As weeks go by and extra minutes take their toll on key players all the B3 teams remaining become easier to beat in the league and cup.

Overall, if you manage it perfectly and get some luck (good draws in both tourneys) you might come out ahead, if not, you could more easily come out behind.

My situation is slightly different than yours...

I can get away with more of my fringe players in the domestic cup and some league games BUT with only 12 active teams in Japan (down from 19) the chances of going to an arena that gives me decent income in the cup vs playing a scrimmage and getting better training minutes coupled with the fact our cup finishes on the all-star week means its only worth staying in to try and win to get a ticket for the next BB3.

Dont also forget for a lot of top teams they are training players close or on the soft cap for allstars... meaning extra training is marginal.

Money - yes - big arenas + Home draw is $$$$ but BB3 clubs are also all more susceptible to random CT's and 1 loss as we all know is like setting off a grenade in your busiest stand.

Its impossible to plan to win (with HCA being so important) - and if you try to think too far ahead you realise you are just jeopardising your chances to re-qualify for the following season - so overall just enjoy the ride and treat it as a bonus.

This Post:
32764.10 in reply to 32764.9
Date: 5/23/2008 2:05:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why you don't think about 2 games in BBB ? For example, like i ULEB cup in europe, was done 2 games,
For example

A team
B team

Play match A team win first game by 6 points
Second game, B team win by 12 points,
and
Team nr. B will be promoted to next stage ;)

This Post:
32764.11 in reply to 32764.10
Date: 5/23/2008 3:12:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Like it a lot!