BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Vaious suggestions

Vaious suggestions

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/23/2008 6:51:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Some suggestions that i would like to propose (i'm not english, so please apologize me if my english isn't correct):

1) Create the draft list at the start of the year. After that, according to amount of scouting an user do, i has 1,2,3 or 4 "possibilities of choice". He selects a player from the list(named player 1, player 2,...) and the scouts will observe him. So, only him has to choice if he want to scout a player once again.

2)Now, the potential is a skill of every player. Why don't use only the potential like a limit of training development? So we won't consider the age of a player for his skill development. Obviously, the potential can't be the same for all player's life. Every year(or every 2 years) it must decrease... what do you think about that?

3)Insert, in roster page for every player, a box in which an user can choose the indication he wants to give to his player, for example:
- try to shoot for 3
- try to shoot inside
- try to shoot from mid
- try to penetrate and layup/dunk
- try to make an assist

Thanks for hear me and i hope you will like those suggestions and forgive me bad english!

To: Trex
This Post:
32871.2 in reply to 32871.1
Date: 5/23/2008 7:20:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

1) Create the draft list at the start of the year. After that, according to amount of scouting an user do, i has 1,2,3 or 4 "possibilities of choice". He selects a player from the list(named player 1, player 2,...) and the scouts will observe him. So, only him has to choice if he want to scout a player once again.

this idea has the problem, that you could speak with your friends in leagues to optimize your draft(hey put some more money in i got 2 A+ and 5 stars potential players at my rooster - you had to find then etc.)

2)Now, the potential is a skill of every player. Why don't use only the potential like a limit of training development? So we won't consider the age of a player for his skill development. Obviously, the potential can't be the same for all player's life. Every year(or every 2 years) it must decrease... what do you think about that?

this would change to much in potential, which was working pretty late in the developement of the players training.

This Post:
32871.3 in reply to 32871.1
Date: 5/23/2008 7:21:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
My personal view on your suggestions:
1) A bit unclear to me. You want to choose yourself which players your scouts will investigate?
2) The way you suggest, you want the current "age" factor and "potential" factor combined into one viewable statistic. It seems to me more fun in present, where the exact effect is harder to investigate.
3) You give those indications already by setting up your tactics and positions on the court. If you want to give them those extra orders, it shouldn't be realistic anymore. Ingame, every player takes multiple decisions when he gets the chance.
The one moment he sees the space to penetrate, the other he has a wide open shot. Giving the extra orders like you suggest, should disable the variety a basketbal game provides.

Climbing the BB-mountain. Destination: the top.

This Post:
32871.4 in reply to 32871.3
Date: 5/23/2008 8:13:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
About number 3, it's not a order, but a tendency... sometimes it happens that player with low value in shot range shoot for 3 and missed every shots! it's only to do some "suggestions" to your player

This Post:
32871.5 in reply to 32871.1
Date: 5/24/2008 3:44:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
(2) This is somewhat like the system used in Hockey Arena, where there are actually two numbers that have an effect on development. HA-quality is more like BB-potential in that it acts as a soft cap on development. HA-potential is somewhat akin to a training rate, and declines as a player ages, and eventually goes negative. Instead of all 18 YO improving at the same speed, there can be slow developers and quick developers.