BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Tam banned after few contumations

Tam banned after few contumations

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/25/2008 12:33:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nowadays, in our country, there are few teams, that has no players, basic staff, so their expenses are minimal.
for example this team (58428). Owner is online frequently, but his games are contumed from middle of last season.
Where is the problem? It is simple. His expenses are 3000$ per week. And every home match he sell about 2500 tickets, also he gets money for TV matches. So if he keeps it like this, he will be soon very rich and he gets absolutely unrealistic advantage.
As we know, with money he gets when he sold his players, he is building 17 000 arena.

There are two ways I am thinking of, to handle with it.
If team gets 10 (or another number) matches contumed, should be banned.
Or if there is a contumed match, team which is responsible for contumation will get no money.

This Post:
33230.2 in reply to 33230.1
Date: 5/25/2008 12:42:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ive got to say that is priceless (not his squad!)

We all have this option that he has chosen and because you can now see he 'may' gain an advantage by doing this you cant just step in and try and ban him!

It is a strange way to play and out of 25,000 users i doubt there are many like him but if he is enjoying playing this way (patiently) then good luck to him.

This Post:
33230.3 in reply to 33230.2
Date: 5/25/2008 12:51:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
OK, I know that BAN is rarely used option:) So don´t ban them, just encourage them to buy players. I know it is just a choice of manager.

Daytraders were so strong, that they ecouraged BB´s to implement new rules for trades.

If you want to train a player, you are pushed to train multiskill, if youdon´t want to have great salary.

Maybe there is small reason to (just) encourage them to play normal.
For his oponents it is same wheater they play against them, or against bot team.

This Post:
33230.4 in reply to 33230.3
Date: 5/25/2008 1:10:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
they get punished for it already, he got less money for their home games, flwew out of the cup the first round etc.

This Post:
33230.5 in reply to 33230.2
Date: 5/25/2008 5:00:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Would it be possible to see a serious reduction in supporters for consecutive forfeits? I can understand that someone might forget to set a line-up once or twice in a row, but after that the fans should start to revolt.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager

This Post:
33230.6 in reply to 33230.1
Date: 5/26/2008 2:56:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
A team that forfeits a home game should get $0. Imagine if you had a few thousand fans show up and pay to get into the arena. They aren't going to be too happy to see a bunch of beer-bellied lucky fans out on the court playing the real team. In addition, arena expenses should be increased to account for higher premiums for riot insurance.

Of course, if it were a home cup game, the visting team would still get paid, but this money would come from the home team. The same should happen for a forfeited road game. If I were the home team, I would have to refund all my ticket revenue.

A TV network is not going to be happy at all. They're going to switch to a backup game. So maybe some other game in the league should be become a bonus TV game, and the teams get the TV revenues go to those two teams. Alternatively, TV revenues can be thought of coming from a season-long contract, even though they are paid after the 3 games. So fine the team that forfeits any league game should be fined 3/22 of the TV revenues of a game, plus perhaps some penalty.

Further, it should be impossible to reduce the size of the roster below some reasonable minimum, such as 10. No transfer listing of players if the roster would go below 10 if they sold, and the same for firing. To prevent teams from being locked in and not being able to sell a player in order to be able to bid on a player, let teams bid up to $5000 regardless of their financial situation if they have less than 12 players on the roster.

This Post:
33230.7 in reply to 33230.1
Date: 5/26/2008 2:38:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is no advantage at all... By this speed, he needs at least 2 or 3 years to buy decent players, I say decent, not stars... Plus, he's probably going to a lower league, that means even less money from TV games and supporters... Believe me, he couldn't easily fill 17 000 seats Arena even if he plays in the 1st league, I can't imagine how he's going to use it in 4th league...

And his maximum earn will be maybe 1.5 million $ per season, and that's enough for maybe 3 or 4 good trainees...

This Post:
33230.8 in reply to 33230.6
Date: 5/28/2008 7:53:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A team that forfeits a home game should get $0. Imagine if you had a few thousand fans show up and pay to get into the arena. They aren't going to be too happy to see a bunch of beer-bellied lucky fans out on the court playing the real team. In addition, arena expenses should be increased to account for higher premiums for riot insurance.

Agreed...problem solved.

Steve
Bruins

This Post:
33230.9 in reply to 33230.6
Date: 5/28/2008 10:07:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In addition, arena expenses should be increased to account for higher premiums for riot insurance.

What arena expenses?

=)

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live