BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Arena expansion?

Arena expansion?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/26/2008 4:37:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Since my arena is selling out all of the seats, and I've raised the ticket-prices already a bit, I'm considering to expand my arena (for about 250'000)

I'm not playing for too long, so I haven't expanded my arena before. I'm only in D. IV, but winning most of my games easily. So I wanted to ask if I should already expand my arena or try to upgrade my roster and keep on raising the prices?

If upgrading, how should I approximately distribute those 250000 over the diffrent seats?

Thanks

This Post:
33292.2 in reply to 33292.1
Date: 5/26/2008 5:11:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know of any set formula - though it appears that different seat types have different reactions to ticket prices and team performance.

You should have a few luxury seats (probably less than 5). My first ever expansion consisted of adding 2 luxury seats. You don't pay any extra to build new seats beyond the per seat cost.

The high priced seats appear to be pretty insensitive to both your team's performance and the ticket price. Since you've been filling out your courtside and lower tier consistently, for some time, I'd increase those as well. But just because you have been selling 50 courtside doesn't necessarily mean that you can sell 100. So maybe try 70. If that continues to fill, add some more. I'd do some more in the lower tier as well.

The bleachers seem to vary quite a bit. So I wouldn't necessarily add that many. So percentagewise I'd concentrate on the more expensive seats.

Your team might be performing better right now, because of the number of bots in your league. When you promote to D.III next season you might not be able to win as consistently.

This Post:
33292.3 in reply to 33292.2
Date: 5/27/2008 10:39:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The high priced seats appear to be pretty insensitive to both your team's performance and the ticket price.

I noticed that price realy does influence the highest priced seats! Every time I raised I got less buyers, even though I was winning.
they indeed are less sensitive to performance, but sure are sensitive to price.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.