BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Betting on a game. Very interesting.

Betting on a game. Very interesting.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 6/4/2008 9:40:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I just had this crazy, yet fun idea while watching a 3B match. What if we could bet on a game? Even if it is small amounts (so the main economic structure of BB don't gets too affected, but some extra to maybe help the poor teams), I think it would be a interesting thing to do. As well as innovative for the format of the game.
It would help to get some interest not only for your team, but as well as the main league of your country and the international competition as 3B. You know, create the buzz. And the games will certainly be waited for all the people betting on them, a lot more alike the real life. They are so much more fun watching them when there's money in it.
I certainly would like very much to see this idea here. It would be a lot of fun!

This Post:
34570.2 in reply to 34570.1
Date: 6/4/2008 9:46:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh, I really don't think that the news stuff is enough to create the buzz. Betting would definitely do. People talking about their favourites, about the matches, their expectations and profits. But that's just me that doesn't care much about 3B, except for Abrantes (GO ABRANTES! See, here's a team I would bet on!), lol! But imagine the good people from Scotland that just loss 2 teams today, what's 3B has got to give them now? Nah, it would be very cool!

Last edited by the L train at 6/4/2008 9:54:50 PM

To: RiP
This Post:
34570.4 in reply to 34570.3
Date: 6/5/2008 8:41:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, but that's why I think it would have to be something controled. Not betting at will. Just a small thing per week, like 5k or 3k. 3k on a teams economy is nothing. And what happens now if you go bankrupt? So, the people betting should have some responsibility, like real life betting. What happens if you bet your son's college money? That's why I said small amount, enough to create the buzz but not enough to bring the economic BB system down.

Last edited by the L train at 6/5/2008 8:43:14 AM

This Post:
34570.6 in reply to 34570.5
Date: 6/5/2008 10:28:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh yeah Damena, your a true gold mine! ;)
But I remembered of a place where this is already been done, but relatively to e-sports. Check the http://www.clanbase.com. They give us a roll (a system apart from the point system with play money) and let us bet on cup games or on ladder games. I don't know if y'all are familiar with the ClanBase system. But it certainly creates the buzz. They call it CBooky.
I don't know, if you think that it would have a negative impact on BB economy but just want the buzz from it and have people interested in other games, create a kind of betting league. Every month or week you get a certain amount to bet (apart from the club economy, a kind of "coaches wallet"), and the person who end the season with the best bet's made gets one of those cute little cups to their profile.
I don't know what's the best way to get this done here, but I think it has tremendous potential and there are a lot of ways to go around the "negative impact" this could do and just create positive and healthy buzz around the games. Anyway, it's just a crazy idea I had. LOL

Last edited by the L train at 6/5/2008 10:31:32 AM

This Post:
34570.7 in reply to 34570.6
Date: 6/5/2008 4:38:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
How about make it a mini-game. Instead of real-money. You get chips to bid on teams of your choice. Then we'll have a ranking list of who got the most chips as it is with Flagchase.

It is funny to see which team got favored by real players.

Last edited by Legen...Riceball...Dary! at 6/5/2008 4:40:43 PM

This Post:
34570.9 in reply to 34570.1
Date: 6/7/2008 8:26:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If there will be any kind of limitation to earn maximum 10k per week if your tips are best

or lose maximum 10k if you are not so good stochistic

..this could be great feature for fun.. B3 competition is good for the motivation - noone want to lose, so noone will lose for a corruption - in these small bets it would be just insane

good idea Abdullah

This Post:
34570.10 in reply to 34570.9
Date: 6/7/2008 8:44:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree if would be just for NT competitions and B3... But this would need lots of programing work I think...

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=
This Post:
34570.11 in reply to 34570.9
Date: 6/7/2008 8:48:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If there will be any kind of limitation to earn maximum 10k per week if your tips are best

or lose maximum 10k if you are not so good stochistic

But the problem is, the maschine isn't good as stoichastik too, so there will be games where you could get easy money. And some winning bets in a row good make an influence.

One solution for that, that the pot of money(all bets at this games) was splitted on the Winning teams with maybe a loss of 5-10% provision for the betting provider.