BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > TIE vs. TIE

TIE vs. TIE (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 6/29/2008 9:01:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am trying to bring up a possible huge problem for the game here.
Namely, in my league (First League of Serbia) but I am sure it happens in many other leagues as well, there has been a lot of private mails going around with offers that both teams play TIE in a game so that they would still play on the same level and get their enthusiasm higher for the future games. This obviously makes perfect sense for the teams involved, and I know it is kind of legal because they are not breaking any rules, but on the other hand, makes other people loose interest for the game!

I think the main problem here is that we all can see the enthusiasm level of our opponent in the match report. The players that make those kind of offers can have the information if they have been tricked eventually or if their master plan went smooth at the end.
By taking off this information from the report no one would dare offering such kind of things to the opponent because they couldn't be sure if the opponent really played TIE as agreed or not.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinion about this problem, especially what the GM's think about this of course?

This Post:
37460.2 in reply to 37460.1
Date: 6/29/2008 9:05:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think 1 thread will suffice, no?

(37437.1)

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.