BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Enthusaism in the Playoffs

Enthusaism in the Playoffs

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/01/2008 20:00:00
Overall Posts Rated:
Can somebody explain to me the point of the 2nd paragraph?

Why does playing CT like normal and Normal like TIE? It seems like they really just removed one option...

Enthusiasm

You can decide how hard you want you team to try on any given day (except in a scrimmage, where your team is just going to try as hard as they normally do because the coach is watching). Your team has a baseline level of enthusiasm that they bring to the game, and the more enthusiastic your team is, the harder they will be able to play. You can also tell your team to try harder in an important game (Crunch Time), although they'll need some time to recover over the next week or two. Alternatively, you can Take it Easy in a game so that your team will be able to play harder in the future. In addition, your team's enthusiasm tends back towards the default value of 5 over time, and will always reach 5 during the offseason.

For particularly important games, including league playoff games, relegation games, and the final two rounds of the national tournament, your players will be too excited to "take it easy". In these games, the only options available are Playoff Normal, in which your team receives the enthusiasm effects of a regular Take It Easy but the effort level of a regular Normal, and Playoff Crunch Time, in which your team receives the enthusiasm effects of a regular Normal but the effort level of a regular Crunch Time.

This Post:
37789.2 in reply to 37789.1
Date: 07/01/2008 20:33:24
Overall Posts Rated:
If you Playoff Normal, your enthusiasm (after the game) will increase as if TIE, but your team will play like normal.

If you Playoff Crunch Time, your enthusiasm won't increase/decrease, but your team will play like crunch time.

Basically it lets everyone play CT in the playoffs without an enthusiasm drop. The option is really to do a playoff normal to build enthusiam a bit.

This Post:
37789.3 in reply to 37789.1
Date: 07/01/2008 20:40:46
Overall Posts Rated:
They changed it because, a lot of underdogsplays ct and because it was an one game elimination it is pretty hard to counter that attack, but if you do it with ct'ing your self you ruine mpostly your chanche of winning the championsship ... Thats why the change make sense in my eyes ;)

This Post:
37789.4 in reply to 37789.3
Date: 07/02/2008 13:36:38
Overall Posts Rated:
They changed it because, a lot of underdogsplays ct and because it was an one game elimination it is pretty hard to counter that attack, but if you do it with ct'ing your self you ruine mpostly your chanche of winning the championsship ... Thats why the change make sense in my eyes ;)

That's why I'm confused. Seems like the scenario still exist. If the favorite plays normal and the underdog plays crunch time, don't you have the same scenario?

Steve
Bruins

This Post:
37789.6 in reply to 37789.4
Date: 07/02/2008 13:55:50
Overall Posts Rated:
if you play normal it's like a tie before so there is just one level betwenn it, in later days there was too.

But must managers i know, have high enthusiasm at the beginning at the play off and plays there games normal(the old one), because they know about the importance of the game but they can't play ct if they like to win the next game. And when you start the playoff with enthusiam 10 you could allow you to play ct till the finals and still have a chanche, the option playing normal was the risky one which gives you a small advance in future games.

This season you could play at the same effort like the less ambitious people without ruining your season ;)

This Post:
37789.7 in reply to 37789.4
Date: 07/02/2008 15:00:42
Overall Posts Rated:

That's why I'm confused. Seems like the scenario still exist. If the favorite plays normal and the underdog plays crunch time, don't you have the same scenario?

no, most certainly not.

if you have a good team, and your team has good championship chances, your team could not CT in the semi's of the play offs, because it you do, your enthousiasm drops so low you will not make it! (unless your next opponent(s) also had to CT)
If your opponent then plays CT, you actually have no chance of winning, unless your opponent is clearly weaker.

With the new system you get the chance to play CT yourself, if you suspect your opponent will CT, and your enthousiasm will not drop because of it, meaning you will face your next opponent in good condition. So you actually have the option to prevent your elimination, without being dependent on what your opponent chooses, which prevents you from being eliminated in a louzy way.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
37789.8 in reply to 37789.4
Date: 07/03/2008 01:43:47
Overall Posts Rated:
CT has more impact than a TIE, both on the game that it is used and the games that follow.

Before, the underdog could CT, and not worry about the 2nd round. If he was lucky the other underdog might also CT and then they could both play the next round normally. But the favorite would want to preserve their enthusiasm, and might have better enthusiasm, but would be out of the playoffs.

Now, everyone can do a playoff CT and not lose their enthusiasm. I can't see using Normal-Playoff, except perhaps the 2nd game of the 3-game final.

This Post:
37789.9 in reply to 37789.8
Date: 07/03/2008 12:30:11
Overall Posts Rated:
So you think everyone will just play CT (= normal for enthusiasm purposes) throughout the playoffs?

I guess I hadn't thought the whole thing through.

Steve
Bruins

This Post:
37789.10 in reply to 37789.9
Date: 07/03/2008 12:53:54
Overall Posts Rated:
in high leagues this probadly be like that, because their aren't so high differences in quality.

In low leagues there could be some people who are sure with normal to get to the next round.

This Post:
37789.11 in reply to 37789.10
Date: 07/03/2008 13:40:33
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah...good point.

Steve