BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Game engine tweak

Game engine tweak

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/6/2008 11:29:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Had these 2 scenarios happen to me, I think the way on how the coach handles certain situations can be improved.

1) You have 2 players playing in a position, one starter and one backup. Starter is on fire, goes 18 points during the first quarter and is replaced by backup during the 2nd. Team builds an 8 point lead. Backup comes in, contrives to make the game more interesting for the opposing fans by playing 21 minutes. Starter doesn't appear until end of the 3rd quarter, the game is a nail biter at this point. Why does the coach bench a player who is shooting hot for the night and let a backup with these stats (0-8 from the field, 0-5 3FG, 2 TO, 4 PF, zero assists, zero blocks and zero steals) last 21 minutes? Starter has respectable stamina.

Is there a limit on how badly a player plays before he is subbed?

2) Team is leading with the clocking ticking down, opposing team keeps fouling the moment we get the rebound. I wonder why is it always my worst FT shooter that is being sent to the line? He never got any of the rebounds. Shouldn't the rebounder be sent to the line instead as the moment the rebound in snapped up, the foul is comitted? Or shouldn't the coach put the ball in the hands of the best FTer in these situations? Ticks me off to see my worst FTer keep getting those FTs and missing them all. My coach seemed intent on helping the opposing team win by instructing the players to pass to the worst FT shooter.