BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Withdrawal of bids (transfers)

Withdrawal of bids (transfers)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/12/2008 4:38:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello,

i think we should add the possibility for managers to withdraw from a bid they have made on a player. There are some concerns about it but i think i've thought well about it and this change should include:
1. Time limit. Withdrawal should be possible some (e.g. 2-3) hours before the end of the bid
2. Upon withdrawal, the previous bidder should become the highest bidder

In this way, we won't have problems with the bids because there would be enough time for people to bid on the player and the changes wouldn't happen the last moment.

In case the previous bidder doesn't have enough money (e.g. due to some other bid), then we should go two biders back and so on.

I think it would be fair and useful? GMs, what do you think?

thanks

This Post:
38812.2 in reply to 38812.1
Date: 7/12/2008 4:40:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This Post:
38812.3 in reply to 38812.1
Date: 7/12/2008 4:53:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
and what if the second highest bid want to withdraw to, but don't have time to react after the highest bid withdraws? maybe he has bought already another player without spending all money for example

Or maybe because he just bids to bookmark the player on the bids menu etc.

How many bids had to been saved, that you could roll back the complete bidwar'?

What happens if the seller spend the money from the transaction

This Post:
38812.4 in reply to 38812.3
Date: 7/12/2008 5:10:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The main problem i have in mind is this:

- you bid on a player and while you wait for the bid to end, you find another player that suits better your needs but you don't have enough money to bid, although your overall cash might be enough.

@ crazyeye: your questions are very valid. haven't thought of a solution for everything, but i think there should be a way. Regarding the 'bookmarking bids', i guess that's sth that shouldn't really be included in the discussion because there are two ways to do bookmarking:
1. supporter
2. use web-browser bookmarking

Regarding the seller spending the money of the transaction, i would suggest to make the money available upon the completion of the transfer and not beforehand. After all it shouldn't be possible to spend money that you don't have yet!

nice to see a discussion moving on :)

This Post:
38812.5 in reply to 38812.4
Date: 7/12/2008 5:15:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The main problem i have in mind is this:

- you bid on a player and while you wait for the bid to end, you find another player that suits better your needs but you don't have enough money to bid, although your overall cash might be enough.

I thought that's what your reason would be. There's a simpler way to do this, of course. Do your research before you bid.

I estimate a 0% chance that your proposal will ever be considered. Sorry.

This Post:
38812.6 in reply to 38812.4
Date: 7/12/2008 5:23:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Regarding the seller spending the money of the transaction, i would suggest to make the money available upon the completion of the transfer and not beforehand. After all it shouldn't be possible to spend money that you don't have yet!

But this could lead to other problems, when you think he got sold ...

If i sell a player on thursday, and i have to decide who gots minutes for training/game shape i don't let him play, and afterwards i recognize i should done it because he wasn't sold.

And i agree with the gm who posting here, make your decision who you want to buy before, maybe noticehis player id and date of expiriation etc.

The only mment i think a withdrawal option is usefull, if when you bid to much money(maybe an extra zero) and this should be a thing you should recognize fast before it effects other bids. So maybe an acknowledgment button could be usefull, but i would make it optional.

This Post:
38812.7 in reply to 38812.5
Date: 7/12/2008 5:25:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well i understand that the chances are low but i had to propose it. The transfer list is seriously chaotic, we all know that and so, every improvement we manage to make, it's in favour of the users :)

If my proposal cannot be considered, then consider making the search engine of the transfer list better than it is now!!

This Post:
38812.8 in reply to 38812.7
Date: 7/12/2008 7:21:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
making this kind of withdrawal could only make the matter more chaotic,

id rather think you should look further into the fa than just when you see one you bid already!

well its also unfair for the seller since its like your playing, you bid when you want to and withdraw when you dont.

This Post:
38812.9 in reply to 38812.5
Date: 7/12/2008 9:17:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

That would be an excellent estimation.

I can understand the thought process but it has vastly more negatives than positives.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
38812.10 in reply to 38812.1
Date: 7/12/2008 10:18:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Once you bid $X for my player, I can go bid on another player. So if you could withdraw a bid, you would still need to guarantee that I got my money. And it is also possible that I will lose money. Someone might have come in at the last moment and topped your bid, so I might lose additional money.

So I would have to at least have a guarantee of my money, plus say 10%. So let's say that the current bid was $300,000 and you bid $400,000, and then decided to withdraw your bid. You would still be on the hook for $140,000, so that even if no one bids again, I'm not out any money.

But let's say that I was the one who had bid $300,000 in the first place. After your raised to $400,000, I went looking for another player. What if that is the same player that you saw? Am I stuck with the other player, and you perhaps get the new player at a lower price?

Or I might be someone who saw your $400,000 bid, and didn't book mark that player.

And there could be an opportunity for collusion. Someone raises the price up and chases off other bidders, and then withdraws it so their friend could get a cheaper player.

I think that there are too many problems. It might work if there were a different transfer model. For example in RL, you would probably be negotiating with several teams, and as soon as a deal was made would stop negotiating the others.

This Post:
38812.11 in reply to 38812.9
Date: 7/13/2008 11:39:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

That would be an excellent estimation.

I can understand the thought process but it has vastly more negatives than positives.

indeed.

This simply has huge disadvantages, even if it would be considered.

The effect when a bid is withdrawn is beyond imagination. It could create a snowball effect and someone will end up screwed in all cases. So if someone is got to be screwed, it might as well be the one making the 'error' in the first place.

I can in fact DO see a usefull means for this idea, if we tweak it somehow:
bids can be withdrawn within 2 minutes after they have been placed, and only if there is still more then 20 minutes to go on the transfertime.
the reason why this should be possible is that someone might accidentally put 1 number too much, and only see it at the time his bid is already made. This is imo the only reason why a bid should be retracted and it is possible in 2 minutes notice, because it should be withdrawn immediatly, and not after some time.
However if this happens during the last minutes of a TL tranfer, possibly during a bidwar, this is a bad idea, bcause it will distrurb things. So that why it isn't possible the last 20 minutes. What to do if you accidentally typ a number to much in the last 20 minutes? bad luck, just don't.
this is the only usefull implementation that I see that might be considdered.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.