BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Rename Crunch Time and normal during PlayOffs

Rename Crunch Time and normal during PlayOffs

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/14/2008 7:25:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The most people who reading probadly know that Crunchtime works like normaal, and normal likes TIE in the PlayOff, but i'm pretty sure that a lot of the not that active players don't know it, and some others get confused through those change.

So my propose is, that both instructions gets other Names in the Play Off so that you maybe need to llook up what which do, but it was guarantees that you know what ya doing(and for exmample plays normal because he don't wants to ruin he motivation with ct).

This could be easily implemented, because a german LA mean, that he could change the names seperate.

So i hope to get some opions on this proposal and/or some proposols for the names ;)

This Post:
38954.2 in reply to 38954.1
Date: 7/14/2008 1:08:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can understand where you get this idea, but they already have another name, there is playoff in front.

Also the fact there is only a choice between 2 options makes it obvious it is something else like the normal choices. Anyone caring about the choice they make at that time will go and check what their choice exactly does...

I wouldn't mind if your suggestion gets implemented, but I don't find it very usefull either. Just my personal opinion...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
38954.3 in reply to 38954.2
Date: 7/14/2008 1:25:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can understand where you get this idea, but they already have another name, there is playoff in front.

Also the fact there is only a choice between 2 options makes it obvious it is something else like the normal choices. Anyone caring about the choice they make at that time will go and check what their choice exactly does...

Doesn't seem too obvious for new users. The fact that there is 'playoffs' in front by itself is confusing for new players. Sure you can have this, "if you care about your choices, do your homework first" attitude, but it is kinda difficult to switch after you have been use to Tie - Normal - CT as it is.

When the change was announced, i myself, wasn't really sure how it worked. It wasn't until i have read it for the 4th time before i started to understand the basic concept of the function of the options PO-Normal - PO-CT. Simply because PO-Normal and normal and TIE were used so frequently in those sentences that it became confusing.

This Post:
38954.4 in reply to 38954.2
Date: 7/14/2008 1:27:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The play off in front ain't that bad, but i could imagine that it still confused people, who think it's run like normal.

This Post:
38954.5 in reply to 38954.2
Date: 7/15/2008 5:14:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am pretty sure that it will ure quite a few people. Of course, as you say, those that really care will not make a mistake. The problem is that you take the risk of dissapointing users that are still not "comvinced" about the brilliance of this game.

According to me, this is worse than disspointing those that really cares, because the they can take a hit and still care (they will just complaint in the forum and then continue playing as usual), while this is not necesarily the case for a "non-convinced" user, who might choose to quite the game in frustration.

This Post:
38954.6 in reply to 38954.5
Date: 7/15/2008 9:43:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
true.

you guys convinced me.

I am pro the idea of choosing original names for these.

However, the fact remains, users will have to find out what those do, or face a possible disappointment. Nothing much we can do about that I guess

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
38954.7 in reply to 38954.6
Date: 7/28/2008 5:34:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Look at the global forum. ;) Already 2 threads about PO-Normal and PO-Crunchtime.

Hope this could convice the BB aswell.

This Post:
38954.8 in reply to 38954.7
Date: 7/28/2008 6:07:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I just told a friend (who I might meet in the finals) how playoff normal and CT works, and his answer was, "Seriously?".

This Post:
38954.9 in reply to 38954.7
Date: 7/28/2008 11:59:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Look at the global forum. ;) Already 2 threads about PO-Normal and PO-Crunchtime.

Hope this could convice the BB aswell.

I never understood why people feel compelled to spam the forum before reading the rules.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
38954.10 in reply to 38954.9
Date: 7/28/2008 1:23:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
because some are to lazy to read rules, but like to play games. This is perfectly okay, however they have no right to complaint afterwards.

BUT, it is in everyone's intrest that the game and it's terms are chosen in the best possible way to avoid mistakes by either rules-readers and non-rules-readers alike. So it wouldn't harm to adjust for the better once in a while.
This one should take to much work to adjust, and it would be better if it was changed to something less confusing, so I am pro this idea.

I only hope BBs find the time to read this . My bet is on BB-Mike, who's an expert in solving little things like this in a quick way.
:

This Post:
38954.11 in reply to 38954.10
Date: 7/28/2008 2:29:28 PM
Molson Canadians
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Does anyone have any suggestions for what to call the new options, if we end up changing them? As much as I'd like to be clearer on the page, I don't think there is a word or two that adequately says Try-Harder-But-Don't-Lose-Enthusiasm.