BB Global (English) > The courage to change training

The courage to change training

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/18/2008 10:55:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
hey guys!

I am training C/PF (inside scoring/inside defence/rebounds/blocking) since nearly two seasons. My players are improving and last but not least their salary (best 30k, whole over 110k).
In addition the C/PF selling sucks because so many players are training inside players. It`s not amazing, that CRAP SG/PG players are sold for more than 2 million even if they have just the one or the other "strong". I am sick of this! ;)

For that reason i am thinking about a change in training to SG/PG. I already have a shapeable 20 year old SG (14k salary) so i just have to buy some other "trainable" guys.

P.S: the problem is: i have to take great efforts to stay in my league (austrian`s first) plz keep this in mind

What do u think should I do? What should I take under consideration?

thank your for your sentiments!

greets

This Post:
39411.2 in reply to 39411.1
Date: 7/18/2008 11:16:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Get one backup/trainee for the 20yo sg and single position train them (covers all skills but jump shot). Expand from there after they start to improve.

Last edited by brian at 7/18/2008 11:16:45 AM

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
39411.3 in reply to 39411.2
Date: 7/18/2008 11:55:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
thx for your comment!

but what do mean with "expand from there after they start to improve"?

greets

This Post:
39411.4 in reply to 39411.3
Date: 7/18/2008 12:32:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
thx for your comment!

but what do mean with "expand from there after they start to improve"?

You might not be able to find a player who is (1) good enough to start at SG in the 1st division; (2) be young enough and have enough potential to be trained; and (3) affordable.

You said that you have the starting PG who meets these criteria (he already starts for you, he is 20, and you already own him). Your second PG doesn't have to be able to start for you.

After you have trained a while, your 2nd PG will be able to start in league games, so he can split the starts with your 1st PG. And then you can train a 3rd PG in scrimmages. Or you can switch one of your PG over to SG (passing won't hurt him). At that point you might be able to switch over to trainingSG/PG training.

So you can initially start out with fewer players, who will train faster, while not making you vulnerable in league games.

If you were to start out trying to train 6 players who play 48 minutes each, you will need 4 players who are starter quality.

This Post:
39411.5 in reply to 39411.4
Date: 7/18/2008 9:24:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
a good way is this

since you have talented big men, make your offense still evolve on this guys.

get dependable im not saying good just a way they can get enough shots to go in when needed to.

and concentrate on your training of pg and sg

its not going to easy but im thinking you got very solid big men if if they miss a lot of shots make sure you hold 2-3 on defense so you can have more chance to get rebs on those misses :D

This Post:
39411.6 in reply to 39411.5
Date: 7/19/2008 4:00:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
if they miss a lot of shots make sure you hold 2-3 on defense so you can have more chance to get rebs on those misses

I'm not sure this works. with 2-3 your rebounding is better, but I think it only works on defensive rebound (2-3 being defense) and won't make you grab more offensive...
not 100% sure though.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.