BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > most expensive transfer ever?

most expensive transfer ever?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/24/2008 3:56:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Today Alejandro Depetris (2619496) was sold for $ 9 470 200.

Is this the most expensive transfer in BB history? have you seen any other of tha proportions?

This Post:
39933.2 in reply to 39933.1
Date: 7/24/2008 4:24:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
thats a nice chunk of change!

I'll be listing a similar PG tonight for $10.5mil. I guess in some top divisions its already getting to the stage where 1 good player can really be the difference between BB3 and not and taking it one stage further if you qualify for BB3 at the expense of others then you could effectively get 4-5 weeks of invaluable training / money that can put you in an even stronger position for the following season(s)...

This Post:
39933.3 in reply to 39933.2
Date: 7/24/2008 5:25:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
omfg

9 mill for one player... thats expensive!
I'm cant even buy one for 2.5 atm :)

This Post:
39933.5 in reply to 39933.4
Date: 7/24/2008 5:52:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
can't remember for sure but think it was something like prominent in the 5 relevant categories + tremendous in driving with good FT... bettwe ask the current owner though

This Post:
39933.6 in reply to 39933.5
Date: 7/24/2008 6:40:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
He was the best guard I have ever seen on the trade market. With the level of competition in the NBBA, Losk0 had to make a serious move to stay competitive.

There have been teams with over $20M available, so a $10M player should happen soon.

BBB was bad for most of the BB world - it added millions of dollars targeted specifically to the already successful teams. The KDBs of the world do not need a couple extra million. BBB should have just been for prestige and would have served the same purpose. We play our NT players with the risk of injury and we do not get a cut of the gate to compensate for the risk.

This year has seen tremendous price inflation, especially for top guards. I picked up a guy slightly worse for just under $5M and it was a steal. Since I only net about $50-60k/game in profit, it will be quite a while until I can generate enough cash flow to purchase another competitive-level player - if ever from organically generated free cash flow.

This Post:
39933.7 in reply to 39933.6
Date: 7/24/2008 6:57:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
it added millions of dollars targeted specifically to the already successful teams.

Would you have felt better if these teams have received the money as a premium for winning their respective trophies?

Plus, this c ash will soon be transferred to not-so-successful teams who have quality players to sell. Which, of course, is good for everyone.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
39933.8 in reply to 39933.6
Date: 7/24/2008 8:30:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

We play our NT players with the risk of injury and we do not get a cut of the gate to compensate for the risk.

I think from another thread floating around there is nothing other than ingame injuries for NT players...

There have been teams with over $20M available, so a $10M player should happen soon.

I hope so! I bought the first legit $5m player and hope to sell the first $10mil guy!

This Post:
39933.9 in reply to 39933.8
Date: 7/24/2008 8:47:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

I think from another thread floating around there is nothing other than ingame injuries for NT players...

Which remains incorrect, and this was addressed in the other thread as well. There is extra experience. The experience increase might be small, but so is the extra chance of injury.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
39933.10 in reply to 39933.9
Date: 7/24/2008 9:02:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with ardain. I love the idea of the BBB but it does seem to have created a huge disparity between the haves and have-nots ( or at least the crude oil like rise in transfer fees seems to have coincided almost directly with the 3rd round onwards of the tourney). Likewise I find it very disappointing that one has to play the transfer market in order to stay competitive. Basketball never has been about the transfer of players, which soccer and this game's inspiration, HatTrick, have been for as long as most of us have been alive. As a huge hoops fan it's less appealing that one cannot compete simply by training one's own players and being tactically astute. C'est la life.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
39933.11 in reply to 39933.10
Date: 7/24/2008 9:23:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ive responded to your comments on the Transfer list thread.

Its clear that many of the top teams are known within the BB community now and I cant help feeling that you are always trying to defend the wrong road you have chosen (and stated often) of building your whole team nice and rounded.

I lobbied very early on to be able to train any combination of positions with any skill.. it was quickly rebutted that this is not how BB's want to build the game.

With that in mind do you honestly expect everyone to accept this or divide into 2 camps. 1 side training/selling PF/C and the other side training/selling guards... some (and i think this is where the real money is) have opted to train SF's....

So dont be disappointed - the riches and rewards are there for everyone. Accept it and change your training regime.

You dont have to play the market if you dont wish to - the new rules have severely limited this as an option. But dont criticise those that train optimally in order for the best financial return.