BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > training suggestion

training suggestion

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/24/2008 11:34:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Due to several recent thread discussions, I wanted to make a suggestion regarding training and see what thoughts others have about it.

As it stands now, the ONLY way one can be competitive in this game is to train, sell, and buy players. The only way to "optimally" train players in order to get players who can be sold for the amount of money it takes to be competitive is to focus your training on a specific position (roughly guards, forwards, or big men).

I believe there should be other options a manager could choose in order to compete. I can only reallly think of one and it is this- the longer a player trains with one team the faster his skills improve, while he is still in the "training ages" for lack of a better description. Managers of weaker teams could then create a long term plan and perhaps become more competitive with the train quick and buy strategy.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
40019.2 in reply to 40019.1
Date: 7/25/2008 3:36:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This will create interresting option in advance. You can train for the money or you can longterm train for a better progress of few players or the combination of both.

Is normal that young player needs a time before he will settle in your club and if he feels like a home, trainer can better use his potential, because in fact the player is well known in that club - everyone knows what to say him to motivate his progress

I think it is a good idea

Last edited by Iordanou at 7/25/2008 3:42:39 AM

This Post:
40019.3 in reply to 40019.1
Date: 7/25/2008 4:44:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am not against this idea, in fact I like it a little, maybe not just enough to say that I want to support the suggestion.

However I think I miss something because it seems you are asking for other ways to compete then just training, yet your suggestion is about training...

Also in reply, even if you add other ways, training will still benefit managers who do this in a good way so it will always be additional to all other means implemented, and so it will always be a factor that makes a manager more competitive.

LoD

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
40019.4 in reply to 40019.3
Date: 7/25/2008 7:33:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Valid points, except that I think you are misunderstanding my concern. Training itself is not my concern. I love the training concept. I would like there to be more than one option for managers who want to be competitive, other than the current way which is to buy and train one or two positions then sell them at a profit. I am not against this method if that's what people want to do. I just don't think it should be the only option available. This game is young enough that implementing another one or two different roads to go down with your team is still possible.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
40019.5 in reply to 40019.4
Date: 7/25/2008 8:02:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i think it makes sense!

because a player who sticks or stays with a team in real life makes him more familiar with the current teams system of play maing him more and more effective as tradiung would bring him to a new system and new teammates that makes him to adjust to that team plays and system.

i like it!

now i know there are players who are in-effetive in a system but for those that recieve training means he has enough minutes to benefit playing so he grows! that is also a indication his effective because if his not in real life he wont get use that much or often

great!

This Post:
40019.6 in reply to 40019.3
Date: 7/25/2008 8:18:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
However I think I miss something because it seems you are asking for other ways to compete then just training, yet your suggestion is about training...

with this point about other ways I can imagine a one more real thing right now

If you will buy a pretty good player, which is in fact many levels higher than other your players, he can teach something to a young ones (experiences, better training, aditional other pops?)

should players teach each other if there is any mentor on a similar position, any star? You have him on C, tremendous universal and there is on PF young boy

that means you can invest into a 1 big star, sacrifice results slightly, because you could buy 4 others instead and sacrifice in fact even wage line, because this new one demands a huge wage.. everything is ballanced I think

This Post:
40019.7 in reply to 40019.6
Date: 7/25/2008 9:01:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

that means you can invest into a 1 big star, sacrifice results slightly, because you could buy 4 others instead and sacrifice in fact even wage line, because this new one demands a huge wage.. everything is ballanced I think

I think BB's don't like the idea of putting 1 star in a team, I think they like it more if we build teams with a good mix of players of about equal quality.
I could be wring though, my problem often is that I think to much. ;)

At this time it is not realy needed to train just 1 or a few positions and sell to be cometitive. I train all kinds of positions in all kinds of skills. True I recently bought a player for a big price, but by playing and winning you gain money, and you can spend it on buying 1 or 2 very good players, you train all your other players in all kinds of skills, and you stay competitive that way too, because you don't need to buy that many players...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
40019.8 in reply to 40019.7
Date: 7/25/2008 9:10:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
well yeah, even an engine is setted that two equal players are better than 1 greatest

but as an option, while this method is not supported by any way (wage disadvantage, worse match results, price of that player and the reason that they aren't so much on a market).. better any kind of progress of others player should ballance that..

..because if this change which I offer will be implemented, will not happen like on HT, where are divine+++ players in fact cheepest on the market (they fall now on skills earlier, that's truly amateur change:)) - after the implementation will be even huge salary players pretty good investment, while it will be benefited only by behaviour of other players which you have

we have to change a reason, not the affect

I hope that you understand this mixed point:)

Last edited by Iordanou at 7/25/2008 9:14:11 AM

This Post:
40019.9 in reply to 40019.8
Date: 7/25/2008 11:18:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
let me get this straight...

do you want training to be slow (or in normal dev't speed), and then it gets faster when you still train the same player?

if that's the point, then i agree with this one too... because of 1 simple factor.

i always see 20-23yo players having monstrous ratings in skills and not having 27-29yo players who don't get to their peak years.

well, maybe because BB is still young, eh?

This Post:
40019.10 in reply to 40019.9
Date: 7/25/2008 11:41:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
indeed, maybe because

you got it right, speed is on same level, but in your club is now 1 very big star (according to the others) and plays somewhere inside.. so inside players which will be on a match near him, will grow somehow faster

Last edited by Iordanou at 7/25/2008 11:42:27 AM

This Post:
40019.11 in reply to 40019.10
Date: 7/25/2008 11:59:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
for your understanding - if he will be so alone, he have to play with his mates and because everything which he do is so precisely, he will force his mates to do a maximum and meanwhile teach them something every game

while there will be more of these big stars, they will lineary forget or don't pass to a weak players, only "normally" behave, because if there are more of stars, they aren't forced by play to explain everything, they just play with each other if you understand

that's the life, if there are more mentors, there is no mentor (because they have to more take care on theirselves while they looks on a equal star fellow's eyes)

I mean this without any affect on ratings or a game, this affect would be just on training or xp, other pops or whatever

Last edited by Iordanou at 7/25/2008 12:04:04 PM