BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Finishing Training.

Finishing Training.

Set priority
Show messages by

To: Coco
This Post:
40122.2 in reply to 40122.1
Date: 7/25/2008 10:40:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
youre right 24 is over the hill you should retire the guy.
:)
last i checked it cost nothing to train.

sorry, I dont understand this post.

This Post:
40122.3 in reply to 40122.2
Date: 7/25/2008 10:47:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
youre right 24 is over the hill you should retire the guy.
:)
last i checked it cost nothing to train.

sorry, I dont understand this post.

Sure it does. Every time you're training a guy which pops once in 4 weeks, you're not training a guy that pops once in 2 weeks. And since you generally train players to sell them, not training players that train quickly is, indeed, costly.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
40122.4 in reply to 40122.2
Date: 7/25/2008 10:47:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think he meant expensive in the opportunity cost sense, not a monetary one. If you are wasting training minutes on a guy who takes three times as long to train, you could consider his training more "expensive."

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.

This Post:
40122.6 in reply to 40122.5
Date: 7/27/2008 9:20:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
as favorite as it may sound, it would also unfair for other players that only one shines and benefits.

i mean how would you feel if your in their shoe. i would say aim for a balance, because for me if you got one player already that is so good he drags your whole team money to a spin that you cant do anything else but work on lesser talent for help

instead of getting 5 players of an average salary of 10-15k , now you have an average of probably the same but only one man eats all that!

this is just me

==================================================

but im planning to do right now is to probably work my trainees to senasational or tremendous which im very close then after that work on my big men, if i get a a first 5 of sensational and prolific plus backups of prominents then ill work on ft :D

then when the time comes again sell and draft or buy trainees and the cycle continues :D but i plan that they retire on my team hehehe

i dont know if i can really compete at the highest level with this plan, but im not the best person to say i know how to make money in bb :D

This Post:
40122.7 in reply to 40122.5
Date: 7/28/2008 11:56:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I still train my Omar Krasnić (24) and I'm pretty satisfied with results... I started training him when he was 22, and I didn't noticed some big difference between him and my 19 year old trainees...

And he had 8 Skill-Ups in last 12 weeks, so I don't see the 'one skill-up per 4 weeks' theory to be true... He would have even more skill-ups if I trained One on One or something similar, but I mostly trained Outside Defense...