BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Upcoming changes

Upcoming changes (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/28/2008 9:29:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Is it just me or do the new changes pretty much eliminate most of the advantage of promoting to a higher league?

It just seems a bit inconsistent with statements previously made about the game. I thought there was supposed to be benefits from promoting to higher leagues, and from statements previously made it seemed as though that was a very conscious decision.

The changes seem like a complete reversal of philosophy.

...also...40% of gate AND a salary? So much for improving my team. Based on previous gate and my salaries I just went to a break even income.

I might actually now be better off tanking a season or two for high draft picks since the money will be similar either way. I might even make more money winning in div 2 or 3 than being an average team in div 1.

Maybe I'm wrong again, but we seem to have returned to the issue of limited options, since now the only way to get ahead financially seems to be ont he player market. Training players for personal use must now be secondary to training players to sell.

If I sound a bit like sour grapes that is not my intention, I am just curious as to why the change in philosophy.

This Post:
40621.2 in reply to 40621.1
Date: 7/28/2008 9:38:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."