BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Player Options

Player Options

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 8/27/2008 6:58:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi there! I'm a newbie in here, I've seen this announced in Freekick, which I play.

My suggestion is: player options. Let's give us the ability to choose whether we want a player to shoot, penetrate, pass, run the floor or try dunks. Let me explain:

If I were a coach, I'll tell my PG not to shoot to often if his main ability is the nice rythm he gives to the team, and his eagle-eye view to give interior passes. The same way, I'd tell my FW to shoot from three, since he has a nice ability there.

This would add depth to managerial options, and would make the games more difficult to win the battle: now we have to take a look at his positions and see if he's more powerful at C / PF or ar G/SF, and move our tactic in that way. If we could decide which player is going to shoot and which one dunk, take close shots, and pass, we could put for example, our PG as SG (like allen Iverson) and let somebody PG ability in some matches to run over weak SG defenders.

Of course it will not be 100% effective: just the players will have that option "first" in their "minds", and if it were not adequate, they will do their best.

Which are your thoughts?

Regards,

This Post:
47320.2 in reply to 47320.1
Date: 8/27/2008 5:42:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
just choose your team like you want, and buy a PG with no shoot ... Else no coach would say, don't shoot if you don't have a open look.

And for me a attack run like this, you could several oppurtunities to score combined with a probality to finish it succesfull. If you play outside Focus you get a bonus of finishing outside and maybe more oppurnities there, if you play a fast focus the players would take a more difficult shoot(and with less time on the clock). So if your PG can't shoot he would pass the ball instead of shooting it(look for veltins in my team, he has only mediocore attack which is crap in my league, and he takes nealry no shoots, but he rebounds well and makes good assist for an center).

So why let your go to guy shoot more unsuccesful shot then your PG does, when he is an better offense Player he would take more shoot or you could play a lower pace(when you think he has better oppurtunities to score, then your PG).