BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Worst FT shooter ever!!!

Worst FT shooter ever!!!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 9/2/2008 5:20:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ever wished to have O'Neal on your team to improve your FT %?
Well compared to this guy: (804018) you should reconsider!

At first I thought it was a bug, then I checked some of his games and no I was not dreaming... this guy has lost ALL his FT in his career! Season 3 with an outstanding 0/80.

Anyone seen worse than this guy?

Last edited by johny13 at 9/2/2008 5:20:51 PM

This Post:
48313.2 in reply to 48313.1
Date: 9/2/2008 5:58:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ever wished to have O'Neal on your team to improve your FT %?
Well compared to this guy: (804018) you should reconsider!

At first I thought it was a bug, then I checked some of his games and no I was not dreaming... this guy has lost ALL his FT in his career! Season 3 with an outstanding 0/80.

Anyone seen worse than this guy?

You know what the sad part of this story is?
Hellas HBBL
Ranks #9 in FT attempted

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 9/2/2008 5:58:56 PM

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
48313.3 in reply to 48313.2
Date: 9/2/2008 6:43:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
My guy was 0-82 until he made one this year...

This Post:
48313.4 in reply to 48313.3
Date: 9/3/2008 1:00:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This guy is 0-175 in the last 4 seasons....

This Post:
48313.5 in reply to 48313.4
Date: 9/3/2008 7:48:10 AM
AS Barroom Heroes
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Lone Pine Productions
There are a few players out there that are 0-almost 500.

Which only further proves the point I tried to make a while ago about the problems with free throw shooting.

This Post:
48313.6 in reply to 48313.5
Date: 9/4/2008 3:22:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i think as much as we see this as a problem

how are this players stamina

the skill level of ft isnt just the factor to consider in your players ft performance we must also include stamina

because if you have bad stamina and also bad shooting tendency is he will miss more than with make em.

i played bball, and when we go for a running game tendency you have only time to rest on foul intervention, ft shooting but everytime i go to the line and im cathcing my breath or gasping for air i tend to miss shots more.

This Post:
48313.7 in reply to 48313.6
Date: 9/4/2008 3:41:28 AM
AS Barroom Heroes
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Lone Pine Productions
If I had to guess, or if I were the one programming the free-throw shooting, I would consider 3 factors: obviously free throw shooting, then stamina, and finally experience.

I would guess that stamina and experience are multipliers that either improve or worsen the chances of making the free throw. But the problem with these players that go 0 for 300, 400, or even 500, is that obviously their free throw shooting skill is just 0. Not 0.2, 0.6, or 0.9...just 0. So you can multiply it however you want, and you will always have a 0% chance of making the free throw.

Real-life comparisons also obviously don't apply, because it's pretty clear that anyone with two arms and two legs including my grandmother and my baby sister could make 1 free throw in 500 tries.
And your point about stamina isn't valid either, because these guys miss free-throws at any point of the game, even the first minute, plus if the stamina thing were true, they would miss normal (and more difficult) shots as well.

Honestly the situation is ridiculous with some players. I saw one in the italian BB forum that was 0-300 lifetime in free throw shooting, but shot more than 40% from 3-point range.

If a BB is reading this, could he at least tell us if they think this is a problem that is worth taking a look at or not? Thanks

This Post:
48313.8 in reply to 48313.7
Date: 9/4/2008 5:28:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
look you cant blame everything as it is,

the point is if the player has really good range in this case in bb universe has sensational jumpshot and atricious ft skill surely he will shot more better on 3.

look as you said its base on skill level, stamina etc.

if the start of the game even with him not yet tired but really has a bloody no good hands then surely he will miss. dont compare this to much to real world because atricious is atricious, whether be it be 0.1 or 0 still the fact that if you put it into programming then i guess you just have to swallow the pill.

maybe bad luck just really gotten you to have aplayer that really cant make ft at his level now

truth is, ft shooting should have a somewhat connection to shooting and your training of jump shot and jump range should help.

but lets put it this way, even though ft is a act of shooting its still different than jump shot in some small way.

and lastly we cant equate everything to be in real life here, just as larry bird taunted shaq saying welcome to the nba, ill say to you welcome to the bb world.

This Post:
48313.9 in reply to 48313.8
Date: 9/4/2008 5:48:25 AM
AS Barroom Heroes
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Lone Pine Productions
look you cant blame everything as it is,

I'm sorry, but I don't understand this sentence.

the point is if the player has really good range in this case in bb universe has sensational jumpshot and atricious ft skill surely he will shot more better on 3.

Yes, and I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with a player having a 0% chance of making a free throw.

look as you said its base on skill level, stamina etc.

I don't understand this sentence either.

if the start of the game even with him not yet tired but really has a bloody no good hands then surely he will miss. dont compare this to much to real world because atricious is atricious, whether be it be 0.1 or 0 still the fact that if you put it into programming then i guess you just have to swallow the pill.

No, you don't. You can set a minimum value for the free throw skill field that is above a certain level(0,1 or 1 or 2 or whatever the BBs think is plausible).
And I'm not comparing it to the real world. The reason I mentioned a real world type situation was because you said that you played basketball (in the real world I imagine), and got tired when the game was fast-paced.

maybe bad luck just really gotten you to have aplayer that really cant make ft at his level now

I've never had a player like that luckily, but my point is that while it's plausible to have a real bad free throw shooter, it should not be possible to create a player that simply is unable to make a free throw.

truth is, ft shooting should have a somewhat connection to shooting and your training of jump shot and jump range should help.

Exactly. I completely agree with this. Free throw shooting, IMO, should be one of the skills that is improved with any kind of offensive training.

but lets put it this way, even though ft is a act of shooting its still different than jump shot in some small way.

Yes it is. But just like there are no players that simply cannot make a jump-shot (or any other kind of shot), there should not be players that cannot make a free-throw.

and lastly we cant equate everything to be in real life here, just as larry bird taunted shaq saying welcome to the nba, ill say to you welcome to the bb world.

Once again, it's not my problem. What I am saying is in the interest of BB as a game, not in my interest. And I've been around since season 2, so I'm not exactly new to this game.

Once again, a contribution from a BB would help alot in this discussion.

Last edited by SpicyMcHaggis™ at 9/4/2008 5:50:14 AM

This Post:
48313.10 in reply to 48313.1
Date: 9/4/2008 9:32:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
thats sad

This Post:
48313.11 in reply to 48313.10
Date: 9/7/2008 4:20:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
look at real world...no matter who a guy is stupid..he will shoot at least 20 percent from free throw line..i know this...because i train basketball from age of 6 -----etc....
And never saw a guy who shoot 3 points,and other shot example 30percent..and can hit a single free throw...

kid around 3 y old will hit at least 3 of 100....