BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Feature proposal: number retirement

Feature proposal: number retirement

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 9/26/2008 11:59:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Obviously a thing for supporters only...
I thought something like this:
-a minimum of games (maybe 50) in that team with that number (you select no number you don't retire anything...)
- a minimum of relevance for the team (maybe another minimum, in minutes, let's say 2000 minutes).

I don't know if somebody would agree, but I surely be delighted with such a "flavourish" innovation.

This Post:
51519.2 in reply to 51519.1
Date: 9/30/2008 2:08:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
could be nice, but way more games should be needed for such a privilege (200 according to me), and only as you say if the player has achieve something important (min are not enough because it does not mean anything... a minimum number of points, rebounds in his whole career for instance would be more appropriate...)

This Post:
51519.3 in reply to 51519.2
Date: 9/30/2008 6:56:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes I agree, it surely needs to discuss the balance of that privilege...my numbers were just a proposal to start a discussion.
If the matter is interesting for a few of people I'm sure that we can find the right numbers and the appropriate categories to put in consideration (in fact I understand that 50 was very low...200 is way far more realistic, but it's a very long road before you can retire a number).
Thanks for your intervention.