BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Paying for extra training options?

Paying for extra training options?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/26/2008 11:38:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
With people crying out for more ways to train SFs; what about this suggestion.

Each season you get the basic training options for your franchise.

If you wish to train something that isnt within the 'basic package' you can choose / design your own training scheme (maybe max 3.) which lasts for a season.

ie; You hire additional staff/help or just buy the formula to add in to your existing training options package.

Essentially it could just be like a training shop.

Hire a new coach for X $ per week to help train SF in ID only?

or purchase ID training for SF only for $ per season...

Hope this makes sense.

This I believe is a great way to get the developed teams to spend more money and is a trade off for them to keep their existing roster and still be able to train efficiently albeit at a cost.

This Post:
55142.2 in reply to 55142.1
Date: 10/27/2008 2:32:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It could be called "individual assistant" if I understand. The effectiveness would be somehow lower. Ideal would be that every assistant would have exactly same level.

What about it would not be upon you to have player his personal assistant, but upon player decision?
There are lot of professionalls which train by ourselves, tryig to score for example with marble into pot from 10m distance anytime they have opportunity.

So I can imagine have to have his own need to do individual training, to have there any barier, because you would see that every club could have by the time indeed 3 assistants, worked on their players otherwise will have not so effective training like the others.

So imagine that you show to your player that if he will work, he will be better. He have to get in your club at least 30 pops on skills (not FT, ST) or he will get best statistics in any competition and after that he will ask you for his personal assistant. You can agree with inside or outside with main focus on some (2-3) skills and pay for his wage in advance like 30k, because he hired with your agreement anyone who are helping him now.

If player had an assistant once and were transfered, will take 1 season before he will get a new one in a new town, however you would not wait now for another 30 pops or motivate him by best league statstics for some seasons..

Last edited by Iordanou at 10/27/2008 2:38:31 AM

This Post:
55142.3 in reply to 55142.1
Date: 11/1/2008 8:59:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
this is a nice suggestion, but I think it will be close to undoable to find out how much an added effect should cost to not disturb the balance in the game they have now.

Rich teams might get richer this way, if the trainingseffect is big enough for the money they spend on it. If the effect is too small, nobody will make use of it...
The difficulty will be to predict the effect on the teams'economies and player improvements, and the interaction between those two, and what the diffrence will be between a team who opts for this extra training, and the ones who keep using the traditional types of training...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
55142.4 in reply to 55142.1
Date: 11/2/2008 8:38:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The answer for some Sf training,is only because everybody think that it's unrealistic that to make a Sf complete,this player have to play half of his career as a guard and half of his career as a power forward because don't exist any training in both the defence for SF

Your proposal could be unjust for th poorest team which had only the training as a way to develoip and grow up

This Post:
55142.5 in reply to 55142.4
Date: 11/6/2008 10:15:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Your proposal could be unjust for th poorest team which had only the training as a way to develoip and grow up

thanks for including me amongst the poorest teams in BB. ;รพ

I like to rotate trainings quite a lot, so both inside and outside trainingtypes pass the revue here, and yes my SFs are included every time I have the chance to include them, so they are trained in all areas.

I also am experiencing this isn't a bad way after all. I expected to go down prety hard this season, yet I managed to get in the semi finals of the PO this far, so maybe this tactic is concurential after all.
I even set my confidence on my 3rd SF to play as starter in the quarter final! He was the man I was relying on, and around whom I chose my offensive tactics. He performed a little less than hoped, but still did his share and helped me to the victory...

I was planning on a big overhaul with focus on 1 area for training starting next season, and getting real yough trainees, but as it is, I might as well try to go on and keep doing what I do, just to see if it realy is concurential, or if I will go down after all.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
55142.6 in reply to 55142.5
Date: 11/14/2008 2:11:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
there level 6 and 7 trainer already :D

go get em :P