BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > How can scrimmages be improved?

How can scrimmages be improved?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/30/2008 11:20:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Lets face it... we are all paranoid of injuries so most managers will just field the trainees that still require minutes and then use their worst players or now even buy 1/2k players and sack straight after...

the tactics are irrelevant and so is the score, no money is received and no effect on enthusiasm..... there must be a better alternative (just no idea what!)

i appreciate national cups finish on different weeks so its not going to be easy....

anyone got any ideas?

This Post:
55588.2 in reply to 55588.1
Date: 10/30/2008 12:48:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
the tactics are irrelevant and so is the score, no money is received and no effect on enthusiasm..... there must be a better alternative (just no idea what!)

Tactics are actually not irrelevant, depending on how many minutes you want your guys to get: I'd generally hate to be on the winning end of a blowout in a scrimmage.

That being said, I have long suggested to introduce some sort of predictability to scrimmages, since they're the last game of the week. Specifically, since it's not a competitive game, it makes sense to remove foul trouble and have the coach target minutes for each position, rather than rotate players based on trying to win.

I mean, the current system is not working, it's that simple. I've seen walkovers in scrimmage games, and regardless of whether it was arranged or not, that seems to be the best way to get predictable minutes for your trainees.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
55588.3 in reply to 55588.2
Date: 10/30/2008 12:59:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I mean, the current system is not working, it's that simple. I've seen walkovers in scrimmage games, and regardless of whether it was arranged or not, that seems to be the best way to get predictable minutes for your trainee

sometimes i wait with arranging a scrimmage till tuesday, to get an opponent where i could count with a blow out because a backup play to much minutes, and should less in the game he is starting.