BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Seeded cup / enthusiasm

Seeded cup / enthusiasm

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/18/2008 2:11:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So once again I'm drawn in round one against a team with a couple of monster players, while most other teams in my leage have games against bots. So they'll be using the cup to farm enthusiasm, while I'll be getting kicked.

Last season, a run of difficult cup games while those around me banked up enthusiasm in easy games was a major part of the reason for my team relegating. If the same thing prevents me from making the playoffs this season I will be even more upset.

Given how important the cup draw is to teams' enthusiasm levels, can we either have a seeded cup so teams in the same league all face equivalent (more or less) opposition, or perhaps split out the enthusiasm effects of cup and league?

This Post:
58626.2 in reply to 58626.1
Date: 11/27/2008 3:41:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it is a no good solution that my team, that played semifinal last season in division II, meets the winner of the tournament in first round of this season's tournament. (/BBWeb/fixtures.aspx?TeamID=41565). The rules says it can happen, but should it happen? Time to look at the rules, and have some kind of seeding?
From (59358.1)

No worry!
My team from 2.division did beat the winner of last year's Norwegian cup in a thrilling match. "Glad the tournament is organized the way it is", is the team leader's comment on the issue. The rumour of the most shivering match ever in Norway's short BB-history is already all over.
See the last 24 seconds of the match, and judge that it's OK that the system gave us this!
See: (/BBWeb/reportmatch.aspx?matchid=8650464&realTim...)

Last edited by Milly at 11/27/2008 3:46:43 PM

Older than the rest ...