BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > System of sistematic fouls(well known as Hack-A-Shaq)changes

System of sistematic fouls(well known as Hack-A-Shaq)changes (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/26/2008 10:41:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Look at last my championship match(8583288).when it last only 3 minutes at the end of the game,i was really close in the result to my adversary(only 3 points under).In that momente,my players started to make sistematic foul on adversary's players and to make very fast shot,which don't make godd,and on the defensive rebounds my players made other fouls.
So,i think in this case the way of systematic fouls started too soon,and has brought me to lose certainly the match
Probably I would have lost also without systematic fouls,but they have removed every my hope to win
So,the "Hack-a-Shaq" system,would have to consider the disadvantage in a certainly time to the end of the game(for example 3 points for only one minute left and so on).Often,instead,i saw systematic foul system started in wrong moments of the game(teams under of 2 or 3 point at 2-3 minute to the end of the game)

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 11/26/2008 10:42:13 AM

This Post:
60993.2 in reply to 60993.1
Date: 11/26/2008 10:45:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is highly unlikely that systematic fouling has begun with 3 minutes to the end in a 3-point game. So it's either that these were normal fouls in the course of the game, or you ran into a bug in the system.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
60993.3 in reply to 60993.2
Date: 11/26/2008 11:01:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i see this game again.1 minute and 30second to the end,i was under of 3 points,he was wrong a shot,take en offensive rebound and started systematic foul(4 second between rebound and foul).I think this is certainly not a bug,but in this situation systematic foul was a without-sense choice,because in this way i granted two free throw to the adversary,when if i had defended well on the next action,i would have had the ball in the end for the draw with one minute on the clock.
So,I think it was not a bug,but that the system of sistematic fouls,for a game engine choice,started too soon.The game engine,in that situation,would not have had to make foul,because I could recover the result of the match.If he have made the basket,and after the GE started to make systematic fouls and very fast shot,i would have agreed.But I think that in similar sitautions,nowadays GE make bad choices as in the mine match,so this aspect had to be changed

This Post:
60993.4 in reply to 60993.3
Date: 11/26/2008 11:03:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I've never really seen this happen. You might want to post the problematic games in the Bugs forum, describing the situation.

edit: As far as the game in the first post is concerned, after reviewing it I don't see any systematic fouling until there are 40 or so seconds left in the game, and it's a 7 point game at that point.

Sure, there are a couple of unlucky fouls before that, but there is certainly no "hack-a-shaq" going on with 3 minutes in the game.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 11/26/2008 11:10:18 AM

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."