Suggestions > Giving up and setting a TIE agreement

Giving up and setting a TIE agreement

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/14/2008 1:04:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi All,

I've notice 2 problems that influence the pureness of the game.

1) people that set a TIE agreement
2) people that meet a stong opponent and decide the give up on the game before it even starts...

I know we've discussed a lot about TIE agreements - but now, I think I have a perfect solution for both of the problem I've mentioned above.

thanks to the "Fan Survey" we now have the ability to know how many fans will show up to our next home game - I think there should be a major decrease in the number of fans showing up to our next game incase we lost when we played TIE.

thats really sensible, Its ok to lose - but the fans want to see their team trying as hard as they can.

If we'll do such a thing - people will stop setting up TIE all of the time - couse they will have something to lose - and people will stop giving up on games when they are playing against a stronger side...

The game will be a more realistic simulation of the basketball world.

Tell me what do you think

"Did you miss me??? - "With every bullet so far..." Al Bundy

To: Ehud
This Post:
64255.2 in reply to 64255.1
Date: 12/14/2008 1:18:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I totally agree.
By doing it, we can achieve much bigger competition.
actually, I am a user that some users "let him win", and even though I earn a lot from that, I still hate it. i think it decrease from the game's sportive values.
I believe that making user understand he can't just give up on games is the best solution, and therefore, I totally support Ehud's opinion.

thanks,
adomole.

This Post:
64255.3 in reply to 64255.1
Date: 12/14/2008 3:18:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Like adomole, I'm a team whose opponents often TIE and/or play their second teams. I generally TIE against those teams as well, since I know I'm probably going to win even if they try their hardest.

If your change was implemented, I'd still win and I'd still TIE. No difference. But the weaker teams would either have their income or their enthusiasm punished.

So, this would build in an advantage for the stronger teams. I don't think that's a good idea.

Last edited by Mod-oeuftete at 12/14/2008 3:19:31 PM

This Post:
64255.4 in reply to 64255.3
Date: 12/14/2008 4:19:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont think people should enjoy enthusiasm when they know they are going to lose...

I think you might be right in some cases. but if you'll think about it in the long run, you'll see that people will play "normal" or "Crunch time" and will make life a bit harder for you.

When the stonger sides knows most of the league will give them the game without a fight - the stonger teams have an easy time to make them self even stronger - gainning more enthusiasm and trainning players without risking the game.

And dont get me started about TIE agreements

"Did you miss me??? - "With every bullet so far..." Al Bundy
This Post:
64255.5 in reply to 64255.4
Date: 12/14/2008 5:37:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
for what it's worth...

i play in a league wherein i experience both cases... there would be teams that i don't have chance to make a win (except if they are my opponents in the first game, in which enth is level for all and has 50-50 chance), and there are some teams wherein they don't bother playing their stars for minutes.

Lot's of people play BB in a different way, and in these situations, i always play ENTH management, which basically, going for TIE all the way up to the playoffs. (i usually end up having a spot in the playoffs, so...)

for me, enth plays a big part in the game... and somehow it does happen in real life... although i believe that if they play normal, or CT, it should have benefits when it comes to training... but that's a different story...

IMO, the fans don't just watch their own teams, instead, they watch the games because they know it would be a good game... if fans think that their team would have a good opponent in saturday, it's their right to watch. and as long as they believe that their team is winning and might have a chance in playoffs, they will still watch and show support.

regardless of the effort the team is bringing, whether they give their A-game all the time, or they just came back from snoozing, in reality, the fans watch to support the team.

This Post:
64255.6 in reply to 64255.5
Date: 12/15/2008 6:36:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
first off. It is not a 'problem' as is stated in the initial post! It is important to understand that. problems need to be fixed. This is open for discussion.

I can understand it is annoying, and I will never 'arange'a mutual TIE, but I do like to be able to manage my enthousiasm as I like it, and I also HATE it when the CT against me to win, because you can see it happen from a mile away what the result is: Win agains tme, loose next two games. The only ones who gain are the teams playing my opponent after me. But it is not because I don't like it that it is a problem to the game.

if TIE must be punished when you loose, then I say you must get punished the next 2 or 3 games you loose after a CT as well, since you know very well you are likely to loose those if you CT to get a win. Looks just the same to me.

It's all in management and how everyone sets his priorities.

Don't forget, teams that arange mutual TIEs will not gain advantage in the end, since they give up on the strenght of it and 'share' it with their opponents. In the end their enthousiasm will not be higher then any of the others they arranged it with, so what's the advantage?

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
64255.7 in reply to 64255.6
Date: 12/15/2008 6:56:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can understand it is annoying, ... , but I do like to be able to manage my enthousiasm as I like it.

sign, for me playing tie is an important tactical instrument. And when you say, that he loose games in playing tie and not giving your best, then i say you loose more games if you don't play Tie from time to time, and are not giving your best and your fans should run away.

When you always want that the team give their best, you have to change the gameshape system and delete motivation out of this game - but i pretty sure the game is less fun after it.

Don't forget, teams that arange mutual TIEs will not gain advantage in the end, since they give up on the strenght of it and 'share' it with their opponents. In the end their enthousiasm will not be higher then any of the others they arranged it with, so what's the advantage?

This is nobel prize winning post ;) Sorry with an tie agreement you profitate without having an disadvantage of it, your only disadvantage was that your opponent don't have to TIE ... Ok when you think at the best of three series in the PO you might be right^^

This Post:
64255.8 in reply to 64255.6
Date: 12/15/2008 7:19:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Please, TIE Agreements are an abomination.

Honestly, I don't know how often they occur, but to me, its not much different than getting a friend to overbid on a player or play his 2nd team against you or something like that.

Steve
Bruins

This Post:
64255.9 in reply to 64255.8
Date: 12/15/2008 8:43:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
let me clearly restate that I will never have such an 'arangement' myself.

Let me also state that I am not in favor.

but that is about anything I can say about it. It is not, and will not be forbidden.

overbidding is clearly against the rules, so I honestly cannot see why you would make a comparison like this.

On the other hand, we are again starting a discussion about something that was already discussed, and for which there is an other threat.

The other thing that was stated, that teams should not trow a game they can not win anyway is something new.
I myself trew my last B3 game last season to gain enthousiasm from the TIE I played at it. Anyone sane and smart enough to just know they stand no chance, and use the unluckyness of the situation to at least get something out of it, should be punished? I didn't think so!

therefor, a NO-NO on this suggestion if I could decide.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
64255.10 in reply to 64255.8
Date: 12/15/2008 1:03:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
the solution to a TIE agreement is...accept it and after you're setting normal
:D

This Post:
64255.11 in reply to 64255.10
Date: 12/15/2008 1:24:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The TIE Agreement issue is an important one, up there with malaria in Africa and the Global Warming.

To continue a very poignant discussion on one of the biggest problems our country faces today, click here:
(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/BBWeb/Forum/read.aspx?thread=...)

Last edited by stogey23 at 12/15/2008 1:25:00 PM

Friends Do not Let Friends Play 2-3 Zone