BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Staff System Petition.

Staff System Petition.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/6/2009 10:51:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Staff system. Bring back the old or repair the new, petition.

I think, it is known to every one of us that the current staff system is completely out of proportion when you reach a certain level. Especially in the current level 5 coaches (former level 10), where the auction price reaches the minimum value of 200k + contract rescission expenses of the current coach. Exchange that, used to cost only the contract rescission expenses. It was less flexible, certainly. But in a season, you would always find the solution that suited you. Always before your current coach dropped his level.
I cannot include the new 6 and 7 level coaches in this situation, since they did not existed in the old staff system and can be interpreted as wild cards.
Now, one of two things can be made about this issue. Increase the number of level 5 coaches on the market, in order to match the market demand and drop their auction values to a more suitable price, 50k would begin to be acceptable, in my opinion. Still a bit excessive but definitely a good start. The second option, I think it's a bit more simple. And that is, the bring back of the old staff system with level decrease over time.

The main objective of this petition, in this early stage, is to question the current staff system since it has already proven its flaws. Of course, that better solutions might come from a debate. But for that to happen, we need to put it on the table again. So, if you wish that this current system to be revised, please sign this petition.

(Answer to the last post, click on the "quote" option, remove the 'quote' signs at the beginning and end of the editor and sign your nickname at the end of the list, please.)

Last edited by the L train at 1/6/2009 10:56:14 AM

This Post:
67532.2 in reply to 67532.1
Date: 1/6/2009 10:51:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Abdullah Kamel

This Post:
67532.3 in reply to 67532.2
Date: 1/6/2009 11:11:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
How can you say you want to change a new system already? Ridiculous. Try buying a level 4 trainer if a level 5 is too expensive. Not everyone should have level 5 staff, like not everyone should have triple sensational centers.

The first twenty level 4 trainers are selling for between 1000 and 10000 bucks.

If you need a level 5 guy, shell out the dough.

Manage.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
67532.4 in reply to 67532.1
Date: 1/6/2009 11:16:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can buy lvl 5 PR guys for 1k, and I bought a lvl 4 doctor with massage speciality for 30k. Lvl 5+ PR guys are quite cheap as well, just as lvl 5+ doctors.

Only the lvl 5+ coaches aren't cheap, that's less than about 15% of the whole system?

This Post:
67532.5 in reply to 67532.4
Date: 1/6/2009 11:26:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Less than 15%? How did you get to that result?

You have a level 5 PR, you pay 30k (or whatever value you let your current slide) to rescind the old one's contract + the 1k auction of the new one. When in the old system you would only have to pay 25k to rescind the old one's contract. Still sound like a good deal to you?
Do this move twice and you'll be down to 12k overall. Add more staff members and do the math.

Last edited by the L train at 1/6/2009 11:29:03 AM

This Post:
67532.6 in reply to 67532.5
Date: 1/6/2009 11:28:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Less than 15%? How did you get to that result?

You have a level 5 PR, you pay 30k (or whatever value you let your current slide) to rescind the old one's contract + the 1k auction of the new one. When in the old system you would only have to play 25k to rescind the old one's contract. Still sound like a good deal to you?
Do this move twice and you'll be down to 12k overall. Add more staff members and do the math.

It's the same deal for every user.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
67532.7 in reply to 67532.6
Date: 1/6/2009 11:30:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The same can be said about the old system. Therefore, it's not a reason to not bring it back to the table.

Last edited by the L train at 1/6/2009 11:31:08 AM

This Post:
67532.8 in reply to 67532.7
Date: 1/6/2009 11:32:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The same can be said about the old system. Therefore, it's not a reason to not bring it back to the table.

The reasons you list don't show any inequity - it's the same system for everyone.

The new staff system is here to stay - the old one will not be coming back.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
67532.9 in reply to 67532.5
Date: 1/6/2009 11:37:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
How did you get to that result?

That's not too hard at all. There are 3 staff sorts, with all 7 levels. So that 3/21 which is 14,3%. I said less than 15% because there are only a few lvl 5s, 6s and 7s compared to a lot lower leveled staff. So it's probably even less than 10%, or maybe even less than 5%.

Still sound like a good deal to you?

Yeah it's a great deal, and I have several reasons to say this;

1) The starting salary of the staff is way lower than in the old system (even the most expensive staff, of course the 6s and 7s weren't in the old system, so it's useless to compare), it takes at least half a season with the current weekly raise to be close to the salary of the old system, so you save money for at least half a season. I've still got my lvl 9, now lvl 5, coach from the old system, and he's still not at the wage he had when he was converted into the new system, same story for my PR.
2) In the old system you kept paying the same, while your staff might drop levels, so you paid (using your example) 25k signing fee and a higher weekly salary + skill drops vs 31k signing fee with a lower weekly salary and without skill drops.

I like it.

This Post:
67532.10 in reply to 67532.8
Date: 1/6/2009 11:47:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
@JuicePats
OK, then let me put it this way. Take for example a 4th division team versus a 1st division team. It's common for 4th division teams to invest on a high level coach without any other proper staff members, since player training is essential to develop a team.
Now, the inequity comes when you see the sacrifices made by both teams. The 200k auction value only sacrificed, for example, 2 of the 1st league team arena incomes. That value triplicates for 4th league team, which can be a major hole in the financial stability for the rest of the season. Since in the beginning, they have no players sale to rely on. The effort made by the 4th league team is much bigger than it was on the previous system. I just think that this is a system made by people that are already on business and it's very rough on starters. But in the long term, it will begin to affect teams under development.
Now, the other solution would be the increase of the level 5 coaches to match the market search, therefore dropping their auction prices.

@PatjeBono
I think your major error comes when you exclude the auction price of the equation. That's where the real impact is. Maintaining it, its the least of the worries.
You cannot exclude how much you spent on the auction, from the total price of a staff member.

This Post:
67532.11 in reply to 67532.10
Date: 1/6/2009 11:55:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I didn't, read my post again and you see I included the auction price in the signing fee.

30k fee for your last PR guy + 1k auction for the new PR guy gives you 31k total.