BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Match Viewer

Match Viewer (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 8/8/2007 1:30:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A thing i just thinked to improve the match viewer: Why not, instead of displaying a simple "S" to individuate man in the field, not make the sign become one for each different role.

This will make easier to understand, specially in opponent teams which player is covering each role.

This Post:
677.2 in reply to 677.1
Date: 8/10/2007 7:35:12 PM
Molson Canadians
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
That sounds like a pretty good suggestion; we'll toss it around and see what we can do with it.
(Just to clarify, though, the "S" denotes a starter, not someone on the court. The top 5 players on the list are the 5 currently playing).

This Post:
677.4 in reply to 677.3
Date: 8/10/2007 7:43:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
To add to this, right now for some games it's impossible to get to the end of the game. I type in minute 99 and there is anywhere from 0-5 minutes left in the game. We shouldn't have to "wait out" that remaining time just to get the game report.

Friends Do not Let Friends Play 2-3 Zone
This Post:
677.6 in reply to 677.5
Date: 8/11/2007 11:02:20 PM
Molson Canadians
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
These things are on our list:
The 99 minute problem should be an easy fix, and we'll get to that asap.
To skip ahead by game-time is actually a pretty tough problem, and we're looking into ways around it.
As for the countdown clock... it's on our list, and we hope to get to it pretty soon.

Sorry... we're short on developers, and we're trying to get everything done as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience.

This Post:
677.7 in reply to 677.1
Date: 8/17/2007 8:15:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It'd be nice to have a faster version that just skipped to the next event.

Personally I can't stand waiting for a shot-clock to run down to the last 5 seconds or so for almost every offense. I understand that some people might like that, especially if they are watching their game "live", but when reviewing a game, I just want to know the interesting bits.

This Post:
677.8 in reply to 677.5
Date: 9/18/2007 11:13:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd rather watch my game with one of the pbp-viewers for SimulatedSports basketball any day of the week.

This match viewer bores me to tears.

Something happens.... wait.... wait..... wait... shot clock gets to 3... something happens.... rebound..... wait.... wait... wait.....Change screens, come back... what I can't even scroll up to see what has happened this quarter? Can I increase the speed? Can I review the game and see just the important bits? No, no, you just have to wait...

Its a better viewer than Hattrick, but its a long way short of "best online match viewer".

This Post:
677.10 in reply to 677.8
Date: 9/18/2007 12:53:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd rather watch my game with one of the pbp-viewers for SimulatedSports basketball any day of the week.

This match viewer bores me to tears.

To echo Domenico, this match viewer is pretty damn good.

If you need constant action, you can play PS3 or XBox.

We don't mind hearing constructive criticism, but the insults without any fresh ideas behind them are inappropriate.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live