BB Global (English) > Potential...

Potential... (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/18/2009 09:29:31
Overall Posts Rated:
So is potential telling the truth?
I have a player who is 18 years old and has between mediocre and respectable at about all skills.His potential though is just announcer!So that means what?Isnt he able to raise above strong or profficient?If you ask me he is the most promising player of my team...or is potential just telling us if he will get phenomenal or colossal for example?

This Post:
69150.2 in reply to 69150.1
Date: 01/18/2009 12:21:15
Overall Posts Rated:
So is potential telling the truth?
I have a player who is 18 years old and has between mediocre and respectable at about all skills.His potential though is just announcer!So that means what?Isnt he able to raise above strong or profficient?If you ask me he is the most promising player of my team...or is potential just telling us if he will get phenomenal or colossal for example?

Potential determines a cap of the skills a player can attain through training. This cap can be attained through training any combination of skills, and is evaluated against a variable similar to salary, which is based on the current combination of player skills.

Therefore, you cannot say with certainty whether Player X will reach proficient in skill X, since salary is determined by considering a combination of skills (different for each position).

Either way, questions like this belong in the Help forum.

/click

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."