BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Draft Order

Draft Order

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 2/8/2009 6:30:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Should i go for the highest scoring, potential, rating or position?
which criteria is more important and is there a combination or percentages to mix from the criteria?

This Post:
72215.2 in reply to 72215.1
Date: 2/8/2009 6:42:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It matters what position. If you are looking for a position you are training you are training you want the best mix of potential and skill. If it is a position you don't train you should look for the best skill.

This Post:
72215.3 in reply to 72215.2
Date: 2/8/2009 8:22:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
im think the draft ordering is complicated,

even say crazy, for i pay money to scouts to give me what this player is. but all i see is stats , points, assist and all which i should get the idea how good player is?

im not scout im manager, how can i understand this, basing a draft on onegame.

would it be best since im paying is to get a better idea so i can decide better,

also improve draft way, because even though i set players for draft in a manner still its ridiculous for me to say of getting him at all. because ill be drafting late.

im stil thinking but i just want to improve this draft

because last season, i saw guard since training guard me. so i put guard all on top list by star rating, i dont know who on my list i get but im not happy with i get

Last edited by wongfeihong at 2/8/2009 8:25:27 PM

This Post:
72215.5 in reply to 72215.4
Date: 2/8/2009 11:25:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
O course you know who you got - Standings->Season: 6 (or older)-> Draft Result and there you can see Preference. If there is a 1 next to your team you got the very first player from your list. 2 is for the second one etc. If it is not 1 someone wanted that player too and were quicker:)

All improvements have to be done carefully to prevent sharing info within a league (yes it can be contraproductive but since people train different positions and people do mistakes, it is possible to occur)

This Post:
72215.6 in reply to 72215.5
Date: 2/9/2009 1:48:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
thank you for your guidance ,i do not know this.

as written, preference 1 means who i arrange as number 1? am i correct? if so i remember clearly he have score points, assists, stls so i put him number 1

when i see lineup after draft, i mad because he got respectable handling respectable passing and respectable jump range but driving bad, JS bad and no OD. when i said bad its below mediocre or dark color.

one game outcome, 5 star rating . . . . i forgot potential and i got is this?

as i wrote then, base it on one game is not fair. does players on scouting belong to one league? like nba they have ncaa has how many division league. or even euro players or even asia like china, japan, philippines or korea. not same basketball level of play.

he may have good game but actually he cant play on big league or actually came from bad league but still have good stats.

need concrete stats, like scouting good in what what what, bad in what what what. score sheet does not say true story of a player. also in nba players for draft get workout. also in other leagues to better understand player.

right now i feel foolish doing arranging draft players by this but in the end he is not i want. so i pay money to get but no use/

training now passing but i get draft is cant be trained for passing so i have to work on against my regular schedule of training , ruins everything

This Post:
72215.7 in reply to 72215.6
Date: 2/9/2009 1:57:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nobody is forcing you to train your draftees. Do not pay for scouting and buy exactly the kind of young player you need...

This Post:
72215.8 in reply to 72215.6
Date: 2/9/2009 3:34:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you are a good team in an upper division, the draft will not help you much. That said, I would draft players based on 1) position you train 2) grade 3) potential 4) game stats.

Like almost everything else in this game, the draft is not a gimme. You must weigh your options, make decisions, and account for a bit of randomness/luck.

You don't have to do anything.

Last edited by somdetsfinest at 2/9/2009 3:43:04 AM

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
72215.9 in reply to 72215.8
Date: 2/9/2009 4:28:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I think draft is basically pretty random. As basketball players you have good days and bad days. So the objective value of scouting is average at best. If you would always know exactly what you get then it would not be realistic. Look at NBA draft a lot of first draft picks that are worse than some of the second round draft picks. It is ment to be a little random and I like it. I only used 5k/week for draft and did not get any real info on many players but as a top team in my division I will not be getting anything out of the ordinary anyway:) Will prolly use more next year.

This Post:
72215.10 in reply to 72215.8
Date: 2/9/2009 5:17:16 AM
Jokehim Maniacs
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jokehim Maniacs II
Why do you consider grade as more important than potential? Surely takes a couple of seasons to reach the potential even for the least potential players but when you sell these players you will also get much less money. Your new draftees are most likely not good enough for a starting position even with a high grade so it is not tempting for me in that sense either to draft low potential players.

What are your thinkings?

This Post:
72215.11 in reply to 72215.10
Date: 2/9/2009 6:39:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with all of you all drafting is randomly even if you change the order since the scouting system is bad, one of you said he paid 5K every week and got info for 18 and i paid 40k and got 27 it doesn't make any sense it should be 18*4=72 so i should have info of all the players at least their last game, and there is the rating and potential aspects it should be like the others for example all-star MVP or 6th man etc..and i don't think the age criteria is necessary because on year is not a big difference 18 or 19, it should give us the player skills like is he mediocre jump range, strong handling, average rebounding etc.. and if they change the age with height it will be better finally i think the draft page should be like the roster page.