BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > new options for srimmage game

new options for srimmage game

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 2/11/2009 8:12:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
since scrimmage dont have bearing and most of us use it to give trainee minutes to get trained and all

but to some its a way to compete with a team they wanted to play against for all time sake.

to accomodate ones need we make option for

balance it out or play it out

balance it out - doesnt care for the outcome but let players play so that everyone still get minutes.

play it out - more concentrated , as it says try to win the game

im trying to to train at least 5-6 players a week. but because scrimmage games are still aim to win the game. even how i set the coach attitude i couldnt get enough minutes.

at times even with a reliever the starter will play 40 ++ minutes on a tight scrimmage game. and leaves may backup who just needs 11 minutes to get full training to drop off. even in a let coach decide setting.

what do you guys say?

This Post:
72790.2 in reply to 72790.1
Date: 2/11/2009 8:37:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
that would give people advatage who loose in cup, so i don't like that people going to loose Cup games to make training easier. So i prefer one set of options for all games.

With you still have the advantage to choose your opponent, so you could react on bad minutes after the first game a bit.

This Post:
72790.3 in reply to 72790.2
Date: 2/11/2009 9:51:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
look just so you know lets ask BB's

what the statistics of team playing lower team or bad teams and get injures?

i just want to know if there is one that exist.

i maybe wrong but i wont play much lower teams of fear getting injured by players who cant play at a high level then injures my guy.

if you believe that often injuries occured on accidents or unintent than those that came from wanting to hurt a player.

================================================

thats your opinion . . . can i hear the others?

because all i can say is, yes if you see it as a advantage then its your pont of view.

all i can say is, if your in the cup surely you still get money. while those scrimmages dont

also do you think is easy training 5-6 guys a week? do you know how hard it is to first complete your first 4 players then them?

This Post:
72790.4 in reply to 72790.3
Date: 2/12/2009 5:04:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

i maybe wrong but i wont play much lower teams of fear getting injured by players who cant play at a high level then injures my guy.

i play usuable against much weaker friendly opponent, and i have nbo injury in friendly for the last two season. Or at least no staying injury, but a watch a lot games and normally even my minutes assumption was reasonable without injuries.

because all i can say is, yes if you see it as a advantage then its your pont of view.

all i can say is, if your in the cup surely you still get money. while those scrimmages dont

I don't know how much money you get, but training brings money too, and then it become a point of priorities.

also do you think is easy training 5-6 guys a week? do you know how hard it is to first complete your first 4 players then them?

I like to say that 5 player training is pretty easy, and if you train six there will be plyer who don't get your full minutes, if you don't play then without backup everygame.but even there, for players with fullminutes should be easy to reach.

One position training with 3 players is more tricky i could tell you on my experience, because it isn't effetive anymore to sacrifice one training spot, to get full minutes but still there are some tricks.

This Post:
72790.5 in reply to 72790.4
Date: 2/12/2009 8:50:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i just want to sum this up,

your the manager of your team , means you are the one calling the shots since your deciding who to buy and who to sell . . . when to build an extenson for your arena etc etc etc etc

so why dont i have a say in my team in how would their minutes go, if i want to see them push the floor and win it and i just want to see how my teams rotation BY DOING WHAT kind of a lineup if my team would gel in or how would they play.

its a scrimmage for crying out loud, its nothing emminent to say oh wow i won i beat the hell of this "whatever team" knowing his more better or even the best team there is.

lastly just because i said im training or its for training players you judge it already saying advantage, if you felt like it then its a bb thing now how to encourage teams to really compete for the cup.

lastly in reality there is no such thing as needing 48 minutes a week and just a certain position gets trained but since its how the game is done. is it too much to even suggest this?

now to prove this, i played basketball for 15 years to the extent that i played varsity ball for 7 years since grade to high school, and in those years i started i only know how to do layups and the best i know is to run run run. then next thing i know i can shoot the ball with a range, then mid range then amazingly im hitting 3's at 37% on my last year of high school

as you know shooting are for guards but we have shooting drills for the whole team, passing ft and every thing to get the basics better.

and i dont know if you felt it but it seems training results arent getting the same results compare to the pass seasons.

lastly, i know i may sound bad but with a whole heart i would say i meant no offense.

i appreciate your reply

Last edited by Shoei at 2/12/2009 9:03:03 AM

This Post:
72790.6 in reply to 72790.5
Date: 2/12/2009 9:24:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
your the manager of your team , means you are the one calling the shots since your deciding who to buy and who to sell . . . when to build an extenson for your arena etc etc etc etc

so why dont i have a say in my team in how would their minutes go, if i want to see them push the floor and win it and i just want to see how my teams rotation BY DOING WHAT kind of a lineup if my team would gel in or how would they play.

you are more a dominating gm, who sits during the game in the VIP area ;) And like i said before, i don't like a special threatment just for one kind of games, so if that change please for every game.

its a scrimmage for crying out loud, its nothing emminent to say oh wow i won i beat the hell of this "whatever team" knowing his more better or even the best team there is.

Then in BB you set priorities, in many games, who are somekind against the winning percentages in one game - or you have that easy games(or maybe hard) that it is more like a scrimmage.

lastly in reality there is no such thing as needing 48 minutes a week and just a certain position gets trained but since its how the game is done. is it too much to even suggest this?

training isn't logical here, so i could quote and agree more of your posting - but it is the same for everyone.

And it is some kind of funny, in reality i am pretty sure you won't improve so fast and a good 18 year old talent could compete with an 21 year old pretty good. In buzzerbeater there are huge differents betwenn that players, when the 21 year old get 3 Season of training.

So the training system is basically a funny thing, not a realistic one. And minute manegenemt is in my team, one of the main things i have to do. And in other threads like that, most managers don't like that become too easy like me.(oh thats a crappy sentnence i hope you could still understand that)

This Post:
72790.7 in reply to 72790.6
Date: 2/12/2009 12:37:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm pretty content with how thing are now.

This Post:
72790.8 in reply to 72790.7
Date: 2/12/2009 6:19:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with LA-docend24.