BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Transfer limit

Transfer limit

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 2/19/2009 3:13:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There are a lot of speculations at the marketplace now. There are a lot of managers who make a lot of money on reselling players. For example, buy player at one price and sell him at another bigger one.
So i have some suggestions.
I suggest setting a season transfer limit. For instance, manager could make only 10 transfers at the season. Furthermore, manager, who sells the players, will recieve a enthusiasm penalty.

This Post:
73785.2 in reply to 73785.1
Date: 2/19/2009 5:02:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
there is an softcap already, so when you sell around 10 player you have to pay a lot higher taxes then someone who just sold 2-3.

Which makes the effort of trading slow, and even hard to trade.

If you limit then to 10 transfer, it becomes impossible to restart, so for example a team who demotes in our league, trys to sell it whole rooster and rebuild his team.

This Post:
73785.3 in reply to 73785.2
Date: 2/19/2009 5:33:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Taxes are too small and doesn't prevent managers from often reselling. Even 2-3 transfers a week doesn't have sufficient effect.
10 transfers at a season allow you ti rebuild you team;) Besides I took 10 as an example...

This Post:
73785.4 in reply to 73785.3
Date: 2/19/2009 5:59:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
but taxes don't make that unbeat able, and make it difficult and why traders shouldn't have fu in this game too.

This Post:
73785.5 in reply to 73785.3
Date: 2/19/2009 6:13:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Taxes are too small and doesn't prevent managers from often reselling. Even 2-3 transfers a week doesn't have sufficient effect.
10 transfers at a season allow you ti rebuild you team;) Besides I took 10 as an example...

The goal of taxes is not to prevent people from reselling -- the goal is to limit the profit that can be earned this way.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
73785.6 in reply to 73785.5
Date: 2/19/2009 10:54:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Taxes are too low... Have you ever seen team owner that make money on reselling? And is it right that players are buying with the aim of being selled to other team?
I don't think so. And I think that such kind of trades must be prohibitten. It's normal to train players and then sell them, or buy player to increase team level.

So I have another suggestion. There is no need to set limit on number of transfer. transfer taxes can be calculated in another way.
Now taxes take into account two parameters: transfers' frequency and number of days playes spent with a team. I think that the second parameter must be replaced by a number of minutes player spent on the floor at current team.

This Post:
73785.7 in reply to 73785.6
Date: 2/19/2009 11:08:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The system isn't broke, and doesn't need fixing.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
73785.8 in reply to 73785.6
Date: 2/19/2009 12:03:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Taxes are too low...
Since no evidence or reasoning is offered, I am not sure how you came to this conclusion.

Have you ever seen team owner that make money on reselling?
Please do show me a team like this. How much money do you think they have earned trading? How many teams like this do you think there are in BB?

And is it right that players are buying with the aim of being selled to other team? I don't think so.
Actually, as long as it is not possible to make extremely large profits, this type of trading is an expected feature of the transfer market. So you're wrong.

And I think that such kind of trades must be prohibitten. It's normal to train players and then sell them, or buy player to increase team level.

So how much is normal? Is training 1 skill level normal? Or maybe 2? Or is it normal to spend 5 season training each player before you sell them?

Now taxes take into account two parameters: transfers' frequency and number of days playes spent with a team. I think that the second parameter must be replaced by a number of minutes player spent on the floor at current team.

As someone pointed out, the system isn't broken, so there is no reason to fix it. As for your particular suggestion, there is a cost for having a player on your team, his salary, which being paid weekly regardless of the minutes played.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
73785.9 in reply to 73785.8
Date: 2/20/2009 2:04:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Since no evidence or reasoning is offered, I am not sure how you came to this conclusion.

Just look at marketplace and look after good players transfer (I mean players who are quite expensive)

Actually, as long as it is not possible to make extremely large profits, this type of trading is an expected feature of the transfer market. So you're wrong.

How much money do you think is a "extremely large profits"? 2 million in a season isn't extremely large? I saw managers with this numbers.

So how much is normal? Is training 1 skill level normal? Or maybe 2? Or is it normal to spend 5 season training each player before you sell them?

It's another topic of discussion...

As someone pointed out, the system isn't broken, so there is no reason to fix it. As for your particular suggestion, there is a cost for having a player on your team, his salary, which being paid weekly regardless of the minutes played.

The system isn't broken, but it isn't perfect and can be upgraded.

This Post:
73785.10 in reply to 73785.9
Date: 2/20/2009 4:22:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

no thats the question for this topic, if you just train one or two skills, you sell him fast after buying it, with profit.

How much money do you think is a "extremely large profits"? 2 million in a season isn't extremely large? I saw managers with this numbers.

Really with high cost players? I traded a bit with minute fillers(guys i bought for 1k for the friendly), and i got 14 transfers and just get 70% of the sum of them. So if you buy and good player you need to make, 42% profit after making a few transfer to sell them with +/- 0.

With cheap player you could easily makes 5-10* of the buying sum, so it could work with them, but i don't know how it works with normal transfer when you make masses of them, because i would say that it was with me a +/- thing when i was going to sell a trainee with 2% extra fee next season for 5 Million then i have to make large profit with mickey mouse transfer in the past.

This Post:
73785.11 in reply to 73785.9
Date: 2/20/2009 6:16:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just look at marketplace and look after good players transfer (I mean players who are quite expensive)

What exactly am I supposed to look for in them, and how will it justify your statement that "taxes are too low"?

What exactly did you see, and how did you determine how much this user paid in taxes? 2 million, by the way, is the price of 1 guard who has been trained properly for about 1 seasonl

No, it isn't, really, since it's your main argument in the proposition of drawing some arbitrary limitation.

The system isn't broken, but it isn't perfect and can be upgraded.

The system isn't broken but needs fixing? Interesting.