BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > End of game logic

End of game logic

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 3/30/2009 1:15:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The new version of the "end of game logic" component of the GE includes occasionally subbing in a guard or small forward at the PF position if that team needs to hit a three in the end of the game.

Is there any particular reason why the opposition never chooses to match defensively? As far as I know, you're always allowed to sub after you opponent makes substitutions.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
83644.2 in reply to 83644.1
Date: 3/30/2009 10:10:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As far as I know, you're always allowed to sub after you opponent makes substitutions.

Is that the case? I honestly don't know for basketball, though I would have assumed that the away team makes their subs first and then the home team follows. (I believe that's what they do in the NHL during stoppages, for instance.)

edit: Having read through the NBA rules on subs, it looks like there is no order. There is a rule that you can only make one sub during a 20-second timeout, though. (This rule doesn't apply to the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter or OT.) Didn't know that.

Last edited by dhoff at 3/30/2009 10:15:14 PM