Help - English > FCP - pros and cons

FCP - pros and cons

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 6/24/2009 3:29:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have a series of questions about FCP

From the rules it is said that "it Significant increase in created turnovers ... "

Does this mean that if I chose this defense I will force the opponent to make more TO or it means that my team will also make more TO.
More turnovers means more possessions and the result will be more shots - increased pace?!

And the second part of FCP is: "...at the expense of stamina, defense, and rebounding. Very high pace "

Does this mean that my rebounding ratings will decrease?
Does this mean that my ID and OD ratings will suffer?
Does this mean that my players will get tired more quickly?

What ratings will be increased???

What skills are important for playing FCP? Stamina, OD and ID?
When is a good time to try with FCP?

And finally, what are the weaknesses of FCP? How will the opponent beat me if I chose FCP?

Last edited by Onisifor at 6/24/2009 3:30:01 AM

This Post:
98582.2 in reply to 98582.1
Date: 6/24/2009 4:03:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Does this mean that if I chose this defense I will force the opponent to make more TO or it means that my team will also make more TO.
It means that you will force the opponent to make more TO but your team will make more TO too if you dont have the stamina and backups.
More turnovers means more possessions and the result will be more shots - increased pace?!
yes

Does this mean that my rebounding ratings will decrease?
Does this mean that my ID and OD ratings will suffer?
Does this mean that my players will get tired more quickly?
yes all of this will happen

What ratings will be increased???
none but you will force more TO

What skills are important for playing FCP?
Stamina and OD, but most important is the passing and handling of the opposing team
When is a good time to try with FCP?
I would say if you are much better then your opponent

And finally, what are the weaknesses of FCP? How will the opponent beat me if I chose FCP?
If he got enough handling and passing skills he will kill you

/Mannen

This Post:
98582.3 in reply to 98582.2
Date: 6/24/2009 4:18:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If he got enough handling and passing skills he will kill you

And what if I play FCP and the opponent players are superior in their stamina? Will that reflect on the score as the time pass on?

This Post:
98582.4 in reply to 98582.3
Date: 6/24/2009 4:40:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The FCP heavily drains your stamina not the stamina of the opposing team. But if his stamina is great he will perform better late game then if it was not so good. But i would not focus too much on stamina...

/Mannen
This Post:
98582.5 in reply to 98582.4
Date: 6/24/2009 8:09:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The FCP heavily drains your stamina not the stamina of the opposing team. But if his stamina is great he will perform better late game then if it was not so good. But i would not focus too much on stamina...

Why not? It is a serious detriment to playing a FCP.

Also, I disagree that it is better to play a FCP when you are stronger than your opponent. In fact, there is almost no time when you should play a FCP.

Now, if you really want to play one, the best thing is to have a great outside d (as described above). However, you also want your forwards to have as high of an outside d rating as possible. They are the ones who will force most of the turnovers, provided the forwards on the other team have bad handling skills.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
Message deleted
This Post:
98582.7 in reply to 98582.5
Date: 6/24/2009 9:19:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why not? It is a serious detriment to playing a FCP.
Yes i should add that this is my view of this. I would concentrate more on the handling and passing skill of the opposing team then the stamina of his players, you do as you want...

Also, I disagree that it is better to play a FCP when you are stronger than your opponent. In fact, there is almost no time when you should play a FCP.
this was actually my point as well... it should however still be the the defensive strategy with the potential of creating the largest point differential, no?

/Mannen
This Post:
98582.8 in reply to 98582.7
Date: 6/24/2009 9:47:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes i should add that this is my view of this. I would concentrate more on the handling and passing skill of the opposing team then the stamina of his players, you do as you want...

Ok, probably just my misunderstanding. You said that you would not concentrate on stamina. I believe you meant to say "I would not concentrate on the stamina of the opposing team". To play a FCP you either need to have players with great stamina or your backups need to be about the same as your starters or both. My players have really good stamina but whenever I have played FCP I still have had a significant let down in the 4th quarter.

it should however still be the the defensive strategy with the potential of creating the largest point differential, no?

In most situations I would say no, even when you have a big advantage, because there are too many negatives to playing a FCP. You give up too many easy baskets and the rebounding hit is too big. This more than offsets the number of turnovers you create. Also, the hit to your outside d means that you're creating less turnovers, anyways.

If you can post a high level of outside d, your opponent has bad offensive flow and your inside guys have good outside d you're probably going to create 10-15 turnovers anyways. Who cares if you create another10 turnovers if you're giving up an extra 10 offensive rebounds and your players are dead tired when the 4th quarter comes around?

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager