BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > International cup...

International cup... (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/13/2007 7:52:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
will there be one in the next season or the one after her? i'm talking about an international world cup for TEAMS...

"Dont get mad, Get even" -Robert F. Kennedy

To: Shay
This Post:
9953.2 in reply to 9953.1
Date: 12/14/2007 11:55:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
it would be a fun addition indeed:
a tournament for all the league champions (division 1) and another one for all the tournament ones...

This Post:
9953.3 in reply to 9953.2
Date: 12/16/2007 2:31:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
sorta like a hattrick masters... it would be fun!

Problem is, when? We could do it during the All-Star break, but then it would play havoc with training minutes. Also, owners would have to login every 12 hours or so, to set their orders...and the whole point of this game is you only have to login once or twice a week.

To counter these problems, I propose we:

do the tournment PL style, with no injuries, training and either:

Have a 7 or eight round tourney, with a game everyday

OR

Just simulate the games one after another, using the same line-up and people can just watch them after the fact.

The problem with the second option is, you can't set individualized orders, which (for me at least) is the funnest part of the game.

We could do what Jonny13 suggested and have seperate tournaments, but then, what if team wins both?

Personally, I think one big tournament with byes for teams that won both league and tournament and after just randomly selected teams get byes.

Then again, about half of the 150 (approx) would get a bye!

Then again...This is why I'm not a mod! I just spot the problems in things! :)

Daniel

This Post:
9953.4 in reply to 9953.3
Date: 12/16/2007 6:47:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It could run this time next season since all the national cup matches are over by now, the problem with that is that the team that finished first this season would qualify but that doesn't necessarily mean they are the best team in their country anymore.

But yeah I would love to see this added in.

This Post:
9953.5 in reply to 9953.4
Date: 12/16/2007 7:37:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It could run this time next season since all the national cup matches are over by now, the problem with that is that the team that finished first this season would qualify but that doesn't necessarily mean they are the best team in their country anymore.

There are still 4 rounds left in the cup for largest countries. The largest cups have 4096 teams which requires 12 rounds. To fit 12 rounds into 11 weeks of the regular season is one of the reasons for playing two games this week.

An alternate schedule could be to move the national cups to the end of the season, and play the international cup at the start of the season. The two competitions would overlap, with the international representatives receiving a bye into the later rounds of their national cup.

With 74 (and up to 128) countries, 7 rounds are need for an international knockout competition.

In the largest countries, you would have 5 rounds in the NC after the end of the international cup. So you could have 30 teams advancing from early rounds plus the 2 international representatives. The 30 teams would be what is left after 7 rounds, which would let you start with 3840 teams (instead of 4096).

Start of season: 3840 teams + 2 international representative.
After 7 rounds: 3840/ 2^7 (or 30) + 2 international represenatives, for 32.
After 5 more rounds, national cup winner is crowned.

If you added another cup round (there is an open Thursday before the start of the league season), then all 5756 teams in 5 divisions could be accomodated.

In countries with fewer teams, the national cup would start later in the season. For 4 divisions, it would be a delay of 1 week, for 3 divisions a delay of 3 weeks, and 2 divisions a delay of 5 weeks.

Or as others have suggested, the international competition could be played in arcade mode like a PL. This could allow play throughout the season, and might permit group play. For example 32 groups of 6 playing 5 games, with the top 2 in each group advancing to 6 rounds of knockout play could accomodate 192 teams.

Or more radical would be to have the champions of the top league in each country promoting to an international pyramid. There regular season games would then be international. They might continue to participate in their respective national cups.

Or you could have an international cup with all teams entered after they were eliminated from their national cup. Teams that were still in the competition at the end of the season would continue into a second season, playing a 4th game each week.

This Post:
9953.6 in reply to 9953.5
Date: 2/5/2008 5:09:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Or more radical would be to have the champions of the top league in each country promoting to an international pyramid. There regular season games would then be international. They might continue to participate in their respective national cups.

I like this one...

allso I could suggest that those teams just play 4 muches in one week... they would get more money more playing time and more minutes for training but they deserved that privilegy... coz they are champs...

allso there could be something like EURO LEAGUE... there would be some countryes with more then one team... allso other continents could have tha same ones... and after that each one continent champ just play in World Club Cup

sorry for my mistakes...

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=
This Post:
9953.7 in reply to 9953.6
Date: 2/6/2008 1:46:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i think first should be regional and then world...

and it may take 2 seasons to decide a winner and not 1..... see how good you are compared to teams in your region then this should leave a small pot of 4-6 teams who could tussle it out for the overall prize in the following season...

i havent thought it thru as clearly as some users! but i think its more likely that you would pit your wits against nearby countries and only then advance.... just winning domestically shouldnt put you straight thru....